Originally Posted By: TerraSame
Well.... Well....
You guys sure do whine a lot..... Hahaha...
One things's for sure...
It's good that a sense of humor isn't lacking here in the 3DGS forums...

But seriously... Could it be that you guys "Hate WED" because you don't use it enough to get used to it's quirks?
Or maybe you havn't spent enough time working with 3dsMax to get to the point where your really good working with true ortographic projection...
I'm a level builder... I love WED! It's that dam code that drives me absolultly in-frickin-sane.... (How's that for "Ranting"?)

Anyways... you are right that WED does have a few problems the worst of being... moving around...
But, there is always a "Work around"...
Have you ever thought of locating objects that are just used for "Go To Object"ing...
Just set them to invisible and passable and you can get around in very huge levels very quickly.
(A must have in my huge levels when WED moves as it does.)

So...all in all, I applaud JCL and his team...
They have come a long long way in the last 5 years... A8 - WED, Med and SED are wonderful tools...
We should never forget that such software was only a dream just some 15 or so years ago...

I do love to stir the pot now and again...
BTW JustSid...
Here's a shot from WED...

http://www.terrasame.com/Images/MarquetteWED.jpg

the problem is the last part... wed was not just a dream 15 years ago,WED is basically a 15 year old program with icon updates. 13 years ago very similar tools were used to build half life. as far as work around, the point is that you shouldnt need a bunch of work arounds just to make it work. I can design the same thing in blender in .01 the time it takes to make anything in wed, and yes I used to use WED constantly, but then i realized there were simply better tools out there.