Executing Trades on Next Bar Open
by vicknick. 06/13/24 08:51
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,251 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19059 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I love 3dgs BUT... [Re: TerraSame] #359179
02/16/11 00:07
02/16/11 00:07
Germany
T
Toast Offline
Serious User
Toast  Offline
Serious User
T

Germany
Well I didn't say stop helping people... wink
The community most certainly is one of 3DGS's biggest pros which doesn't appear on a feature list. You asked for improvement of the engine itself though and that's where the possibilities of an engine user usually end. You of course can make contributions like a nice shader and things like that but you have no access to the engine's core features i.e. source code and thus cannot do much about engine side limitations and so on...

It nevertheless will be interesting too see what 3DGS will become in the future... laugh

Re: I love 3dgs BUT... [Re: FBL] #359180
02/16/11 00:12
02/16/11 00:12
T
TerraSame Offline OP
TerraSame  Offline OP
T

Ya know Firoball...
You said much in your post...
It needs to be read and then reread to fully appreciate your writing...
Nicely put... Your experience and input is a testament to the deeds of the Conitec team...
Such loyalty, no doubt, is noticed and, no doubt is appreciated.
I often see you helping those in distress... For that, lowly old me is even grateful.
BUT... What can we do to help...
I've even thought of donating all of my work and knowledge.
But, compared to you and many others I'm still just a Newbie...
Firoball, in short... that was beautiful... I sincerely hope JCL doesn’t miss your closing bullet points...
Thanks for the very thought out response...
You do the forum more than justice…

Re: I love 3dgs BUT... [Re: Clemens] #359193
02/16/11 01:11
02/16/11 01:11
T
TerraSame Offline OP
TerraSame  Offline OP
T

Clemens...
I agree that Firoballs' post was more than spectacular...
Personally, I believe that JCL tells us the way it is...
I don't believe JCL just says what we want to here...
"BUT" I don't necessarily agree that "Dagobert" is a good reason for the "Stagnation". I guess we'll see...
I just read a new post under "Tools" where there are concerns caused by Sony teaming up with Unity...Posted by Frederick_Lim
The press just released this today... here is the link:

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/...LAY-1395758.htm

This also causes concern here in this part of the world.
I surely hope the Conitec Team and JCL know what they are doing... Because it sure looks like Unity wants it all...

Re: I love 3dgs BUT... [Re: TerraSame] #359205
02/16/11 06:46
02/16/11 06:46
Germany
Clemens Offline
Clemens  Offline

Germany
Hmm, why isn't Dagobert a good reason?! How to develope a game engine, when invest all the time in developing a game?! And doing it with 3dGS' shows that they believe in their engine, yet wink ...doesn't it?

Never said that jcl would lie (or at least not "direct") to us. But he just won't tell us things which would let us decide to change the engine like there is no realistic future of 3dgs. I guess that information would arrive us at a moment's notice. And that's comprehensible in my eyes.

I really would be interested in the marketing of conitec and their revenue (with 3dGS) - but there are no sources (are there?) and I guess this won't change.

I think we'll have to speculate about the things behind the curtain, taking the information we get directly...
and come at our own to a decision - nobody else can do that for us. ( oh come on jcl, tell us that we are here in the right place! grin )

Btw: It's also a part of jcl's seriousness - which I prefer - to not take part on every discussion like that. He sometimes give us a comment and like Firoball said he cast a big eye on us and the problems of 3dgs user - he found a good magnitude of that, I think. If he would expand it he would lost time to work on the main part: developing the engine.
( and now tell us jcl, that the conitecs plan for 2011 is to beat up unity with a growing 3dgs team of best developers in the world ... of course without any new cost for us tongue )

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de