Hey Guys,

I searched a model a few days ago so I also contacted Chois3D (in the Forum known as ChoiJ) and Blattsalat.

Chois answered after a day, here is the quoted Text:
Quote:
Hi Liam;
Thanks for support, my friend.
http://www.otakusan.de/shop/images/did00211.jpg ( white big beard + hat in brown, Need cartoon style.. )

Character:
Old wizard. Cartoon Style. 1000-3000 polys. 1024x1024 Diffuse map. animations ( walk,bar attack and spell ).
Price : 180 EUR / model

If no problem, I arranged for team artists to create model. look forward to hearing from you soon. laugh

Regards
Chois

We note that his picture is a picture from my Post and not what I wanted as this picture should only show the bar of the wizard.

I responded with:
Quote:
Hey,

thanks for the Offer but I got one for 50€ and as I am a student I can't simply pay 180€, sorry.

Thanks anyway

Liam

Blattsalat has written me the same day with an 50€ offer which is way less and he is also a trusted member here.

I thought it was over with Chois3D, but then those 3 Mails arrived:
Mail 1 - 23.Feb
Quote:
Hi Liam;
my friend, 50EUR can only create <1000 polys character models, Not too much detail.
If you need, you can contact me. laugh

Thanks for support
Chois

Mail 2 - 23.Feb
Quote:
Hi Liam;
Although only 50EUR, I arranged for artists to help you create models and animations , because you are a student, try to help you, but this is not the standard price, please do not tell anyone.

Thank you
Chois

Mail 3 - Same day
Quote:
To add, I use paypal.
Payment note:
send you lock password .rar file..you pay complete.. I send you password.
Payment email : Removed
Paypal - send money
Please select Services . not Goods,eBay Items.

At least Mail 4 - Same day as before, 23.Feb
Quote:
Hi Liam;
Model will be completed tomorrow or the day after, please contact me as soon as possible.
if you do not need, will stop creating.

Thank you
Chois

So he really started on his own with the creation of the model without having my "permission". I responded.
Quote:
Hey Chois,

please stop the developement as I did not agreed with you. I was away yesterday so I couldn't respond fast, I thank you for your generous offer but the Job was already filled after you send me your 180€ plan.

Have a nice day
Liam

And another one:
Quote:
Hey,

Sorry, I was away yesterday. Please stop your work, at the Moment the job is already filled.

Thank you
Liam

This definitely is a clear "Stop" for him. I thought once more it is over now. But no, he wrote me back:
Quote:
Hey my friend;
I can forgive you, I will pay the artist's work. because the team's reputation and trust..

Thank you
Chois

I think he wanted to say he has now understood his error with beginning to work on my model, forgiven is a very strange word in this sense. He seemed to pay his own team for whatever...
Again, NOT over, today this mail:
Quote:
Hi Liam;
So you savings 180EUR ( with the standard price), contact me, the model has been completed, my friend..

Thanks for support
Chois

Attached two pictures of a model, one is this here:

Seems like he created a model altough I stopped it and the model isn't not at all what I wanted from my description.

My advice: Don't use it. Getting really angry here, I update soon because I'm sure he is going to write me today.

Last edited by TheLiam; 02/25/11 16:28.

"Ich weiss nicht genau, was Sie vorhaben, aber Sie können keine Triggerzonen durch Ihr Level kullern lassen."
-JCL, 2011