ok
=nervous=

ok, well today i reveal what our team has been working on, for those of you who know me, i assume you all thought we were still working on our first person shooter, well no, we couldnt get the quality we wanted, so we decide to pause it and wait on shadeC..

Today however, i would like to reveal:

SCION: the preAlpha Contest Entry

yes, it falls under the same name, while working on our fps, we always noticed that THIS video on youtube was getting constant views, we came to the conclusion that a TPS was more interesting to watch than an FPS, so we decided to ressurrect it and bring it online, welcome the new scion:

now this is a preAlpha test and was only released for the contest, simply because in order to finish our dream games, we need to a few things, since A8 is the current engine version, it happens to be one of them.

so this thread is to start testing the contest Entry, then i'll send a stable version in for the contest, note that this is only a client, most features were disabled.

You'll be able to create your armor in the LOADOUT screen:

this menu is incomplete, you'll need a res of 1024x768 or higher to use it properly, in the left above the color wheel is another box, this allows you to choose the CHEST pieces which each have their own functionality in the right is each armor piece, the cam will zoom to is as you click them, when selected, you can then change the part and its colour, next to the colour wheel is three buttons, the first reuses the last color, the second allows you to desaturate a colour and the third applies your last color to all pieces,also, please revise the key Configuration, then you can either do a training run and run around the map, pressing 9 will kill yourself, thus you can preview ragdolls

[size:12pt]NEXT you can join my Server and engage in some action, MOST guns and armor have been unlocked for you, since this is a test, i know you wont have time to be leveling up[/color]

ALSO, we havent tested with more than 2 players recently, we've tested with more in the past but not since recently so this is also to see what bugs i encounter there, i assume it should run fine

NOTE that choosing weapons and armor DO decrease your credits, well thats about it, we HOPE the test runs fine and/or i can fix bugs that popup in time, we hope you guys have fun playing me laugh and finally i hope that we can WIN this contest so we can continue working on this game and bring you the real essence of what we want it to be

the game starts in window 640x480, just create a new profile, select it and it will go to fullscreen, or, it should, then go to preferences and change videoscreen and resolution to your liking, i'm trying to remove these problems now

this update includes a few fixes:
- fixed some annoyances with some menus
- added some info messages to make the player aware of what hes doing
- weapons are all unlocked for the sake of the demo
- minor fixes to animation bugs
- reduces HDR a little
- you cant log in unless you select a profile
- some server fixes
- increased pistol damage

i apologize if there is a long load time at sttartup, i have no idea why, the uncompiled version doesnt take that long, am just asking you to bare with it because it WILL load

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mE-g84QIc8