Quote:

Re-reading your question: Are you talking about 50 people pooling their money to fund a single contract? I'm not sure how that would work without getting into the whole vaporware thing, but if you could somehow convince that many people to fund a single project, then we might be able to do something with that...

This is what I have been refering to (and prodding users towards). As opposed to saying "I want Mac" form a consortium of like minded individuals to pool resources. Those individuals approach Conitec as a single entity (with the necessary funds) and enter into the contract with that group. I have worked in situations similiar to this (on both sides of the issue, I did a database application for a group of libraries in California and I have also entered into various "group buy" situations) and it has always worked out quite well.

I also agree that clearly defined contract work is the best way to go - but one problem that exists with the apparent 3DGS community (I say apparent because it is obvious that a lot is done by people who do not use the forums) is that they tend to not have very deep pockets. While most of them could manage a few hundred or a few thousand dollars - it would seem that the number of people who could afford the $50,000 price tag is pretty small...and those who could afford it and are willing to pay it is even smaller.

Looking at alternative methods to accept work like this similiar to what I stated above would seem like a good business path for Conitec.

Virtual Worlds - Rebuilding the Universe one Pixel at a Time. Take a look - daily news and weekly content updates.