by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Lapsa), 1,268 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mino, squik, AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan
19061 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: HowTo: Zombies [Android] [Re: PadMalcom] #378863
07/27/11 10:02
07/27/11 10:02
Berlin, Germany
L
Liamissimo Offline OP
Serious User
Liamissimo  Offline OP
Serious User
L

Berlin, Germany
Yeah, Google sends a very detailed report about your app, I attached a screenshot of the two levels:

"Ich weiss nicht genau, was Sie vorhaben, aber Sie können keine Triggerzonen durch Ihr Level kullern lassen."
-JCL, 2011
Re: HowTo: Zombies [Android] [Re: Liamissimo] #378874
07/27/11 13:47
07/27/11 13:47
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
So where does it say 80k opened? I only see 35k installations and 8k active installations (I hope this only means that it hasn't been deinstalled, not that Google was notified I opened it!).

Re: HowTo: Zombies [Android] [Re: Lukas] #378883
07/27/11 14:39
07/27/11 14:39
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Originally Posted By: Lukas
I feel that would constrain my privacy!
I hope this only means that it hasn't been deinstalled, not that Google was notified I opened it!

How can you think Google or anyone at Google is interested in your life? They don't care at all for you, they are just regular persons, each one with their one personal life.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: HowTo: Zombies [Android] [Re: Superku] #378892
07/27/11 15:32
07/27/11 15:32
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
Well, I think the most common reason for a company to be interested in detailed data of their costumers is to make advertisements that fits most to my interests.
Apple seems to also claim the right to sell their GPS data to others.

This could e.g. be a problem if they know that I opened an app that requires a rooted device. Now imagine Google would give that data to the manufacturer of my phone and my phone has some kind of problem that requires me to send it to the manufacturer. Normally, if I can unroot the device to leave no proof of it ever having been rooted, my warranty wouldn't be void. If it's in a state where I can't unroot it (because it's broken I mean, not because of an irreversible root), the manufacturer would propably not be able to find out it was rooted.
But if the manufacturer has that data, it knows my phone was rooted, so they will say the warranty is void, even if the problem is unrelated to the root.
This is just an example. If I think about it, this is actually already possible, because Google already knows which apps I downloaded.

Or, let's say someone sees the ads I get because of the apps I opened and can guess which apps I use.

So, I don't want to give up privacy, just because it seems the persons who get my data aren't interested in me anyways.

Looking at the screenshots it doesn't exactly look like they collect data of which apps I opened, but if it turned out they do, I would really be worried about my privacy.

Re: HowTo: Zombies [Android] [Re: Lukas] #378895
07/27/11 15:48
07/27/11 15:48
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: Lukas
Apple seems to also claim the right to sell their GPS data to others.

They don't sell the data, they use it together with the cell tower IDs nearby to allow YOU as a user to use assisted GPS so that the first GPS fix doesn't take up to 20 minutes (if the GPS almanac is extremely outdated or not present).
Thats a huge difference, providing you as a user a valid service with the crowd sourced data or to just give you ads that you will most likely click.

Plus, Apple allows you to opt-out of this completely. The default case is being opt out and one has to explicitly activate location services and click away a pop up that tells one what will happen.

On a completely different note, if you are feared that Apple, Google, Microsoft or whoever collects your position data, think about the following: Your cellphone (no matter if its just a "feature phone" (aka dumb phone) or a smart phone) is always connected to up to five cell towers. Every cell tower has a known position. Its saved into which cell tower you are logged in at which time (otherwise you couldn't make a damn phone call). Not feared yet? Did you know that every provider has a lawful interception interface?

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: HowTo: Zombies [Android] [Re: WretchedSid] #378911
07/27/11 18:29
07/27/11 18:29
Berlin, Germany
L
Liamissimo Offline OP
Serious User
Liamissimo  Offline OP
Serious User
L

Berlin, Germany
80k is in my Google Analytics Account wink

"Ich weiss nicht genau, was Sie vorhaben, aber Sie können keine Triggerzonen durch Ihr Level kullern lassen."
-JCL, 2011
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de