Yes, there are different factions of the Islamic religion. The two biggest denominations of Islam are Shia Islam and Sunni Islam, although there are a few minor ones and of course there are some non-denominational Muslims out there that I don't know much about. There varying degrees of Muslims, just like all other religions, too; i.e. there are both radical Muslims and moderate Muslims. As far as I know, all of the Muslims on this forum are moderate. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Also as just a note (in reply to your assertion that science and religion contradict each other), it's always been my understanding that science and religion don't conflict as much as people think they do. On the contrary, science is simply a shared understanding of what humanity truly knows about the universe and religion is the grounded understanding that we have all decided for ourselves that allows us to fill in the real mysteries of the universe. The former (science) is therefore built on the latter (religion). It is also my understanding that (macro) evolution is not fact, since it doesn't have enough evidence to back itself up to be considered such. As it is, it's just the adopted belief of most modern scientists today.

For the record, I myself *do* believe in evolution to a certain point. There's no denying things like natural selection and micro evolution, in fact we have a lot of evidence and centuries of research that support those two things. They don't conflict with any creationist belief, so most Christians are actually happy to understand and believe these things. However, right now we don't have enough evidence for macro evolution to be considered fact. The little evidence we have uncovered so far can really go both ways depending upon your own base understanding, so in it's current state macro evolution doesn't prove any creation-based religion right or wrong.

Actually, and this is a tangent, but the supporters of evolution today still don't have much information as to how a creature could actually gain DNA information over time. The most popular idea so far is that the DNA of a creature will change when subjected to certain kinds of radiation, but we've never witnessed this in the real world and all of our studies so far have concluded that mutation of a creature's DNA will only result in lost information.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Yes, there are multiple factions of Islam, just like Christianity.

(I had some reservations about posting this. I really don't want to start any off-topic arguments, I don't have time for that. But if anyone wants to say anything to me that does NOT regard Islam, feel free to do so in another thread.)

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!