Excuse me for bumping up this old thread, but I recently rewatched it again.

So, if space extends by the vacuum's "dark energy", everything is pushed away from everything else without the universe itself really expanding. A different way to visualise is that everything is simply shrinking. Everything but light. As pointed out by Dr. Lawrence Krauss, in 1 gazillion years we do not see any matter anymore outside our own starsystem. The CBR is gone outside our reach of vision: the infrared light waves are longer than the size of our universe, which has essentially shrinked in relation to light which has a statically defined wavesize.

So, as we shift into indefinite insignificance where in 1000 gazillion years we can't even see our own starsystem anymore, is it a plausible thought that in a different order of magnitude new matter is coming in? Is the universe really just an endless pool of sinking sand where matter is created not at a single point like the big bang, but everywhere in the universe's nothingness (the universe's "constant level of energy" type of nothing) on top of the pool, forging matter by ripples through this energy level, which then slowly decreases in size by the sinking-sand-space into nothing again?

EDIT:
Rereading this I think I am throwing quite some confusing terms in my explanation. I made a little graph explaining hopefully more clear what I mean:

This is a depiction of a linear metric expansion of the universe. Matter is created where time is 0%, but not per sé at 0% distance. It can boil up anywhere over the x-axis. As time progresses to 100% (whether that takes infinitely long or not) the universe's metrics expands. Green area is where light can still reach us as the metric expansion didn't exceed lightspeed, red area is where metric expansion exceeded lightspeed and light can not reach us anymore. Light travels under 45 degrees (see yellow line). All matter created at the beginning of time (time=0%) and the end of the universe (distance=99%) is outside the visible universe (which is marked by the blue CBR line), but will reach us at one point in time: time=99%. It could take nearly infinitely long though.

The blue line is not affected by the white line. The blue line is our observation of the CBR. The further up in time, the longer the path to travel due to the expanded metrics. But light is not affected by the expansion. In relation to the lightwaves, we shrink, thus for us the lightwaves appear bigger resulting in a redshift. The CBR is the furthest distance of what we can see from matter created at the same timeframe as us.

Even now, while we are halfway up this graph (the sinking-sand metaphorically), new matter is boiling up at time=0%. We just can't measure it as the lightwaves do not reach us at all, it exists in an entirely different timeframe. If there would be a way to shift through the universe's metric scale, you'd shift in phase of a different ordering of matter, made up by quantum fluctuations before or after our own creation.

In the end, at time=100% we must be somehow completely be recycled into the constant energy level of the universe again to keep the balance.

What do you professional physicists and astronomers think of this perception?

Regards,
Joozey

Last edited by Joozey; 06/12/11 18:19.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs