Uh, my last post about this is very long ago smile ha, but I worked again a bit on it.

I decided to drop support of akward cards like the one of Superku. So, depth is now always sampled as floating point render target.

I finished today dynamic shader compilation. Yet, I already pass all Lite-C #define's to each shader, and after adding lots of rudimentary #define's and #if's I already got a boost of 9 fps in the white demo (50 -> 59fps) here on my laptop. I even expect more fps gain when I added permutated shader compilation for objects because of removed if statements and then also removed redundant render targets and access to them.

Also, you can supress GPU support now if needed (if you have A8), this reduces generated Lite-C code and produces less object shader code (the corresponding technique and VS is skipped then during compilation). An edition check will also disable generated gpu bone code, if you use A8, but have not pro-edition.

I'll add now also the possibility to define some shader constants in your Lite-C code, which had to be changed directly in the shader code, for your convenience, like AO passes, blur parameters or certain thresholds (NOTE: this will be done with #define's!); -as well- as to turn off some shader functionalities (like adjustable brightness/darkness parameters) -or- to hard code variables (like camera clipping values or brightness/darkness parameters).

Since my efforts are leading towards the possibility of a high customization and resulting, strong optimizations, I will also start now working on a manual, so that you are not getting lost with each new version wink

I decided that these are the remaining features for v0.6 (maybe begin of July), everything else (see one of my posts above) will come later, for v0.7.

Best regards,
-Christian

P.S: Can anyone please give me a clue how to make a CHM manual like the Gamestudio-manual with the exact same design?

Last edited by HeelX; 06/12/11 23:08.