I think you misunderstood me. According to kepler's observations the universe is not just simply expanding, it does so in an accelerating way. It is like everything is pushed away from eachother.

As a result, if you would move outside of the universe, you would not see a growing universe. Instead you'd see a universe that remains its size, but all matter within is shrinking in size. All lightwave sizes however remain the same.

Back in the universe again, we actually don't notice ourself shrinking, but rather see everything moving away, plus the lightwaves growing. This clarifies why far away objects appear redshifted. The light that was emitted by a far away object reaches us so much time later that we have shrunken noticeably in size in the meantime. The lightwaves are thus bigger for us as it was back when the object emitted the light, meaning we see it more red.

This is depicted by the yellow line, which moves in time at the speed of light (45 degrees) towards us from time=0% to time=50%. it starts at metric scale of 0%, but reaches us halfway up the metric scale at 50%. The scale of space expanded. Green to red area is the speed of expansion, crossing the white line expands faster than light. And relatively seen we shrink. The light (yellow line) maintained its size though.

Now supposing we are now at 50% on the metric scale (this is just a made-up definition, not a very scientific theory), at 0% new matter still boiles in. We just can't see it as it is out of our scope. No matter where and how you draw light lines (under 45 degrees) at scale=0%, it will never reach a different timeframe. But it would make sense for the universe not having a begin and end, and rather be a continuous cycle. Such a universe would have a total energy of 0. So I thought of this solution.

Last edited by Joozey; 06/13/11 16:40.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs