Yes I have the problem - we need a fix.

I have a small building with a ladder against it. The ladder casts a beautiful shadow on the wall its against. As you approach the building which cant be avoided you see two sides at once and two (one distorted) shadows, one on each side of the building. i.e. corner position : previously you see an ugly incorrect shadow first on one wall and floor below before you even get to see the ladder, (which has the correct shadow) around the corner which causes it.

In my case scenario which in many instances is a typical one I would think -suggested fixes would not work as the correct and offending shadow can be seen at the same time. Its not in a different location or on a different level, but almost attached to the correct one.

How do we turn off Stencil shadows and go back to using the old shadow system - can we do that? Lets hope so as although the stencil shadows do look great when they work properly they are extremely ugly when not.

Great shadows in parts of a game are no recommendation for supporting a system which causes such problems in others.

Work arounds as suggested are not practical in levels with hundreds of entities for various reasons - extra work is not needed and fixing faults are an attempt at a cure - when prevention is whats needed. The problem needs fixing so that stencil shadows work correctly or take them out of the engine altogether.