Its been quite a while since i have posted here, just had to say some good things about s2hd. It runs very well on my machine! AMD Phenom X6 and nVidia 570FX card. Never dropped below vsynced 60fps. There is a video tutorial that you do not have to register on the wiki for but as of today they have opened up a few more ares of the wiki to the public. Some of the lighting, water and particle effects are the best i have ever seen in an engine at this price level. Not to say they could not be duplicated in any engine, they are just nice professional included effects. The editor is a bit unfinished, i noticed the mouse pointer sprite has two stray pixels in it lol. Keep in mind that Profenix has been around for many years with the s2 engine which was ahead of its time as far as lighting, shadows, etc.. The lack of a user manual is annoying but the editor is layed out well enough to get a working level put together. Oh, i also had no sound at first, went back into the config app and selected the first default sound option and now sound plays fine now. There has been an update already for the collada importer. Seems like they are working hard. The forums are dead but as i have trolled them for a few months now, questions do get answered quickly. All in all i think it will be a good engine, just needs some time. I will probably purchase a license if it drops to about $150 US just seems a little pricey yet considering the beta state.

A6 / A7 Commercial