Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (henrybane), 1,499 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Lets bash: G.R.U.N.T.S! [Re: Blattsalat] #378847
07/26/11 23:26
07/26/11 23:26
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Originally Posted By: Blattsalat
Originally Posted By: lostclimate
bart makes a good point... many bigger companies in the industry have titles with well known issues... so it isnt really unique to indies

Ah, my fault. I forgot that wrong+wrong=right.
Sorry for that.

cheers

Oh i am not saying its right at all. again i havent even played the demo. I'm just saying i think the effect on the market is for games in general not just indies. I think it might go hand in hand as well though with his last topic, if it is in fact that buggy, that would have an affect on the budget games market. Interesting tone you took with your reply, as if somehow emotionally affected....

Re: Lets bash: G.R.U.N.T.S! [Re: Blattsalat] #378849
07/26/11 23:31
07/26/11 23:31
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Quote:
Please name 3 AAA titles released this year with obvious and none playable main game mechanic + that did not got fixed.

I can't name any games this year or even three for that matter, but I can list both Fallout 3 and Oblivion off the top of my head. Both games had lots of issues that are really unacceptable considering the game's ultimate presentation. Ultimately this didn't deter both games from racking up enormous sales, but there are plenty of complainers out there...

Quote:
According to Redeemer he knew about those issues (if you bother reading all the posts before posting yourself), he was in charge of it and he did not fix it.

Also remember that I tried my hardest to fix it but ultimately failed due to a lack of ability, not a lack of passion/ambition/drive like you said. Maybe that sounds a little defensive (and of course it doesn't make a difference in the game's ultimate presentation) but I don't like being labelled as someone who only gives a half-assed effort...

Quote:
Grunts would be dead, forgotten and in a few months another user would release the same kind of game, because nobody cares enough to tell him his honest oppinion and that its not ok to sell unfinished and bug infested games

Me and spike are actually grateful for the honest feedback and I will begin R&D on a new custom built collision system soon, as well as a patch for both the demo and the retail version. So thanks again. laugh

EDIT: Had something to say about Jibb's post:
Originally Posted By: JibbSmart
I liked the visual style, but soon found myself wondering if it should've been abandoned on the grounds that it's impractical for the type of game it is. It is good design for a player to be able to tell one place from another at a glance.

I wonder if for the next episode we introduced color into the Uroboros? Not too many colors, just the standard EGA palette. It wouldn't hurt the style much at all and would allow spike to create more interesting scenes, like weird digital forests and stuff...

Last edited by Redeemer; 07/26/11 23:45.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Lets bash: G.R.U.N.T.S! [Re: Redeemer] #378851
07/27/11 00:37
07/27/11 00:37
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
@lostclimate:
I am sorry if the last post sounded rude. This was not on purpose.
I just wanted to point out that its not an excuse because others do it was well.
Its just not acceptable no matter how big the budget is.

@Redeemer:
Havent played fallout3 so I cant say much about it, though Oblivion worked and I am sure both games have at least been patched. At least oblivion must have been since i finished the game twice.

First of all I want to make clear that i do not think you coded this desultory.
Furthermore I do like and respect it a lot that you stand up here and try to defend/explain it. This takes some balls and I am sure everything would be a lot different if you were in charge here.

And I am very pleased that you are honestly trying to fix stuff. So maybe the whole "bashing" might have even helped.... wink

I wish you good luck.

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: Lets bash: G.R.U.N.T.S! [Re: Blattsalat] #378859
07/27/11 08:57
07/27/11 08:57
H
HeelX Offline
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline
Senior Expert
H

Seriously. I would like to know what makes Fallout 3 comparable with Grunts. I played Fallout 3 a year ago (after my PS3 patched it to the latest version) and I had no troubles and I enjoyed every buck that I spent on it. Never got a game like that for that price. It is really outstanding.

Last edited by HeelX; 07/27/11 08:59.
Re: Lets bash: G.R.U.N.T.S! [Re: HeelX] #378868
07/27/11 13:00
07/27/11 13:00
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
@majority of thread posts:

- hmm, well i played grunts, the demo atleast, i didnt have much movement problems on my end actually, seemed ok.

- the style is ok but repetitive and useless after a while, i really think you can add colours, dont go colouring the whole game now but it could be used for contrast of important geometry or setting the mood.

- i got lost a few places i wont lie and as Julz [jibb but i prefer julz grin ] said, i didnt have much motivation to finish anything, felt like i was playing it for the sake of playing it

- is it worth selling? well i really dont know, the devs seem to put alot of work in, silly for them to start a thread about increasing the price though, makes no sense in any way but if they can get the game interesting to play through then i dont see why they shouldnt sell, again, i didnt get any movement errors

- hate alot of the responses i'm seeing from the devs though:
"we tried" , "brainless customers" , "aim better to kill whatever"

honestly i know what its like to be riddled with faulty systems but at the end of the day, noone cares for you, the dev, they care for the project, if so many people are complaining then simply fix it or have you given up on yourself and decided that gruntz is dead? if not, then i dont see why you cant revise both the game and the demo and reupload it.

Re: Lets bash: G.R.U.N.T.S! [Re: HeelX] #378873
07/27/11 13:33
07/27/11 13:33
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Originally Posted By: HeelX
Seriously. I would like to know what makes Fallout 3 comparable with Grunts. I played Fallout 3 a year ago (after my PS3 patched it to the latest version) and I had no troubles and I enjoyed every buck that I spent on it. Never got a game like that for that price. It is really outstanding.

Would I be mistaken in my understanding that you played it on your PS3? I was speaking of the PC version, which is a really unstable piece of garbage. There have been numerous counts of random crashes, big memory leaks, and gameplay bugs, and having owned and played both this game and Oblivion on a very recently built, top-of-the-line, and stable computer I can testify to all of these problems. Like I said though these things certainly didn't harm sales...

Quote:
- hate alot of the responses i'm seeing from the devs though:
"we tried" , "brainless customers" , "aim better to kill whatever"

I don't approve of the second statement, but the third statement was a valid explanation for a bug that just doesn't exist. I wholly agree that all the real bugs need to be fixed, and if you have been reading all of the posts, you will see that we are both happy to get the honest feedback and to fix the bugs. So I don't understand what you're complaining about at this point...

Re: Lets bash: G.R.U.N.T.S! [Re: Redeemer] #378876
07/27/11 13:58
07/27/11 13:58
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Actually I player Fallout 3 on PC, movement is suck, but I wont call it garbage. Story and battle systems are pretty nice. I enjoyed game a lot while playing it.

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Lets bash: G.R.U.N.T.S! [Re: 3run] #378881
07/27/11 14:27
07/27/11 14:27
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
The game's definitely not garbage, but the engine is.

Re: Lets bash: G.R.U.N.T.S! [Re: Redeemer] #379435
08/02/11 14:43
08/02/11 14:43
Germany
Rackscha Offline
Serious User
Rackscha  Offline
Serious User

Germany
"Please name 3 AAA titles released this year with obvious and none playable main game mechanic + that did not got fixed."

Nice statement, since the majority of games is mostly released at the end of year.

Not this year But:
Civ5: Savesystem for multiplayer is a huge fail. You can save to the steam cloud, but never load again. You can save a custom save during game by Ctrl+s(there is no menu button), but you cant load the save unless you copied it into the autosave folder and prefix the savename with autosave.

BadCompany2: Messed up engine. PatchbyPatch it changed completely: Working on Dualcore, not working on dualcore, working on dualcore....last patch long long time ago: NOT working (properly) on dualcore.

Knifing still not properly implemented. still possible to knife a camping sniper into the back multiple times without hitting hime o.O(though its less frequent)

MY Website with news of my projects:
(for example my current
Muliplayer Bomberman,
GenesisPrecompiler for LiteC
and TileMaster, an easy to use Tile editor)
Sparetime-Development

Re: Lets bash: G.R.U.N.T.S! [Re: Redeemer] #379488
08/03/11 10:21
08/03/11 10:21
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
"complaining" ? me ? naah , i actually dont care much, i hate the responses such as: "he was told to place blocks and didnt"

personally as said, it worked for me, i played it for a while and stopped because i got lost and lost interest, i actually tried finishing it and no i wont read some silly wiki tongue

also fallout pc version operated perfectly fine for me also

- anyways, am out so no longer checking this thread

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de