Originally Posted By: bart_the_13th
Yep, but I still wish that I can control the lightmapper the way I control WED's lightmapper. I mean, if I was just trying to quick test a scene, not for the final render, I'm hoping that I can turn off all those powerful(and power demanding) stuffs and leave anything basic intact.

Yes, you can do that. I mean, I can do that so you can do it as well. Just watch one of the millions of video tutorials or look into the manual and you will see how easy and how powerful it is at the same time. And when you have a little bit experience with 3d rendering tools like I have, then you will appreciate the power it offers to you, not worse like a big 3d rendering application.

And really, when I bake lighting in a 3d rendering application (still renderer) for a complete level, then Unity calculates it much faster. There are many optimization included.

But when the speed of the lightmapper is your most important issue, then I would suggest to switch to the Vision engine from Trinigy. It is really the fastest, faster than UDK, Unity or whatever, even with cranked up multisampling and other high-quality options. And yes, it is also technological way more advanced compared to WED. You can use directional lightmaps with up to 3 lighting-directions stored and you have cells with volumetric lighting information for dynamic objects.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft