i bring voxels into this because this threa was about voxels, no? wink

thing is, ma argument still stands. with CGI, filmmakers can do EVERYTHING nowadays. does that make a better movie? who here thinks that the star wars prequels are better than the original movies? and even if you do, do you argue that this is soley because the CGI is better?

i know i sound contradictionary, that is because i tend to always forget that you dont know whats in my head and i am godawefull in explaining my thought process.

i just say that just because we have the technology to do everything we want in gamedesign doesnt make our games better. it just helps us realize the ideas we have. so if you have a good idea and you need this technology for this idea, fine with me, go ahead. but just using ito for the sake of using it will not help anyone. it will just make people think less of the technology. because in the end, the consumer does not care HOW this game was made. he wants a good game. the consumer couldnt care less about the latest technology if the game sucks. why do you think there are STILL sprite based games out there? (and let that be known, i am thankfull for that)