The reason I really like to use 3D Gamestudio myself is because I like the workflow. The tools are irrelevant thanks to free/cheap third-party software, and the programming environment is simplified to near perfection. I particularly like how Gamestudio handles your code. Events, the wait() command, and the your/my pointer are extremely useful, particularly when you learn to use them the "correct" way. Lite-C promotes the idea that your code will always be executed the same way, in a predictable order.

On top of all that, over the last several years I've diversified as a programmer and as a game designer.

A lot of my programming involves what I like to call video game system engineering. I like how Lite-C lets me go as low-level as I want, writing the entity handlers, defining the data structures, and even writing my own major subsystems (collision, rendering [whether through shaders or through DirectX]). Other functionality not already accessible through windows.h are easily made accessible through simple C++ plugins. I really enjoy writing in Lite-C because it suits my method of coding (which is quite low to the ground) really well. laugh

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!