Quote:
The engine is hot

How so? It looks to me like it is cooling. wink

Quote:
Actually, it is OP Group again and not Conitec anymore.

Wow. Really? When did this happen (and why does the home page still say Conitec)?

Quote:
If you hold the copyrights, then why don't you take a part of your novel (or the universe) and make it into a game.

It's part of the plan, actually (and part of my renewed interest in GameStudio). I have the novels (a trilogy), an old school pen and paper RPG (like Dungeons & Dragons) based on the concept, and a potential video game as well. I do hold all the copyright and rights to the story, characters, artwork, universe, etc. I was very careful about this.

Quote:
The trick is: Although it is sci-fi/fantasy, you could use traditional paintings etc. as a basis for the artstyle of the game. That would be something unique. Most sci-fi games have this clean metal/light/glass look with laser beams and holographic-stuff. I would like to see a real sci-fi game, Okami style, if you know what I mean smile Man, that would be awesome!

I am not sure that I will go the route that you suggest, though I have toyed with this for other game concepts. I want to create the world in a way that is similar to what goes on in the book. Fortunately, the book deals with the ability to travel to other dimensions/realms. So this means that just about any type of environment can be created.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Quote:
I just found another game engine comparison table on Esethel engine site, to help your decisions (3dgs is not included):
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=compare

My decisions? I am not (at the moment) making any decisions. I've been using 3DGS for far too long. However, I am concerned about the state of the current engine and its future. Thus, this thread.

As far as Esethel, I have that (and a few dozen other engines) already bookmarked. wink