Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Akow, degenerate_762), 1,430 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: goodbyes :) [Re: ratchet] #398195
03/29/12 09:12
03/29/12 09:12
Schweiz
Widi Offline
Serious User
Widi  Offline
Serious User

Schweiz
Good luck. Hope we see you sometimes here.

Re: goodbyes :) [Re: Widi] #398197
03/29/12 10:00
03/29/12 10:00
de
lemming Offline
lemming  Offline

de
Good luck for your future projects!

Re: goodbyes :) [Re: lemming] #398249
03/30/12 08:22
03/30/12 08:22
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
bye,
did you make performance comparioson tests of the 2 engines for similar levels? if yes, I would be really interested in the results!

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor
Re: goodbyes :) [Re: sivan] #398253
03/30/12 08:41
03/30/12 08:41
germany
gri Offline
Serious User
gri  Offline
Serious User

germany

I doubt that unity renders faster at the core than Acknex.

Its more the fluid workflow, multi-os-possibility, and sexy Editor of Unity bound with bad communication from JCL here at Gamestudio.
This is why some switched the engine.

"Make a great game or kill it early" (Bruce Shelley, Ensemble Studios)
Re: goodbyes :) [Re: gri] #398317
03/31/12 08:37
03/31/12 08:37
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
@gri:
agreed, its kinda silly how many people I've seen there that tried GS, meaning, GS had a fair chance at grabbing a bite of the crowd, I was going to write my own editor but then i said.. why? Even if I make it game specific, I need to make changes if I start something else;

Its been good so far though, the workflow that is, based on what I see, setting up some troublesome stuff becomes really simple, rag-dolls, particles but what I love is the fact that it doesnt crash; for example how you'd get an error for ent_removing an object if a vec_for_vertex is being performed, which I thought was silly that they didn't just check if the object existed, and yes I know its easy to avoid but think about the "new" users, I've had so many people ask me my opinion on unity obviously seeking a reason to leave gamestudio, quite frankly, is sad, idk if GS creators probably lost interest and just doing basic support as "something on the side", within a month I think they could drastically start climbing in popularity if they made some decent decisions, what are you afraid of? Really?

Using Unity, I wouldnt say its all smooth though, some really simple stuff seems bullshit to set up, vector and quaternion calculations can get a bit confusing, atleast for me, I like what we're getting so far, a team member has already ported over WrathOfAngels and I'm working on what was suppose to be a "small shooter" so i can learn the systems.

However I still strongly standby the fact that coding in GS feels better, so I'll check back from time to time, especially after the new WED to see if returning makes sense wink

I don't know but for some reason, someone up top, seems to REALLY LIKE old stuff, I mean, they don't even want to change the Nintendo64 quality models, its 2012 for goodness sake, no one in their right mind would spend money on something with such a pathetic display, I know there will be those guys that see past that and see the beauty in the engine itself but as a game engine, your success lies in the majority, which 'the ones that think its fine as is' are not;

I wouldn't say unity is better, just depends on your needs but honestly, that line kind of goes down the drain when i hear i can build web versions with a click

Anyways, I'll get back at it, waiting for you to impress me GS wink

Re: goodbyes :) [Re: darkinferno] #398340
03/31/12 13:57
03/31/12 13:57
Karlsruhe
PadMalcom Offline
Serious User
PadMalcom  Offline
Serious User

Karlsruhe
If you only put as much effort in some nice contributions like an own set of functions that dismiss all bugs you found as you put in complaining!

I do not want to be mean(!), this is just a hint for your future life. No company will keep you for a long time if you only complain how bad the tools are you have to work with instead of finding a way around these show stoppers and do your work ALTHOUGH you had problems. Think about that...

Re: goodbyes :) [Re: PadMalcom] #398342
03/31/12 14:13
03/31/12 14:13
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

I guess switching to a better suitable tool(chain) is alright.

Bye

Re: goodbyes :) [Re: PadMalcom] #398345
03/31/12 14:28
03/31/12 14:28
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
I have all rights to "complain"

I have GAMES on my pc that cant be completed "the way i want" because of limitations in workflow;

Ive entered and won multiple contests, started several projects threads, all with demos, playtested several of my game beta's with selected community members or did you dismiss my list of past projects or found them 'uninteresting'?

Ive been very proud of my accomplishments with this engine actually, it points to one simple fact, I had been "finding a way around these show stoppers", so if you think i tried making a game and ran because of problems, youre really misinformed and i'm still working on a project with the engine, just not "my" project, a project that I know will still surprise a few community members wink

The forum is titled "Rant", so I talk my mind

I believe i'm allowed to complain if i feel like i'm being pushed from something i have so much invested in;

Still dont see how i was 'attacking gamestudio', ive never "complained" about the 'engine' but about the choices/lack of choices made by 'the powers that be'

Re: goodbyes :) [Re: PadMalcom] #398349
03/31/12 14:57
03/31/12 14:57
ventilator Offline
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline
Senior Expert

Originally Posted By: PadMalcom
If you only put as much effort in some nice contributions like an own set of functions that dismiss all bugs you found as you put in complaining!

I do not want to be mean(!), this is just a hint for your future life. No company will keep you for a long time if you only complain how bad the tools are you have to work with instead of finding a way around these show stoppers and do your work ALTHOUGH you had problems. Think about that...

strange comparison.

gamestudio is a commercial product you have to pay for. at some point doing workarounds just doesn't make sense anymore. what's the point? if you have fun working on such stuff you better use an open source engine. then at least it's free and you have the source code to make your "workarounds" less clumsy and weird.

Re: goodbyes :) [Re: ventilator] #398351
03/31/12 15:20
03/31/12 15:20
Karlsruhe
PadMalcom Offline
Serious User
PadMalcom  Offline
Serious User

Karlsruhe
@darkinferno: Nevermind, you are allowed anytime anywhere to complain. Question is if it is worth it.

@ventilator: So you think all commercial software is bugfree? Ever heard about SAP for instance, or Microsoft Sharepoint? This software is way more expensive and is far from being bug free. But people do use it.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de