I used your application 10 minutes, here are my first remarks:

- if you abbreviate your app, call it "LED" in uppercase - that is more similar to the other Gamestudio apps, if you wanted that
- it is called "recent files", not "rescent"
- I really like highlighting of all other text instances of a selected text, but when I click elsewhere (not selecting), it doesn't go away.
- you are sorting header and source files. It would be cool if you could an option "open header" when you right-click a source file and vice versa
- I opened a script and ran it by pressing F5 - from where do you get the engine path?
- I would like to create and store different engines from which I would like to select with a drop down box. So this way I can run a script with a beta but chouse a stable release for compilation
- I ran a script and got the following errors in the box at the bottom of the screen

Error (16:42:36): error loading settings C:\Users\Christian\AppData\Roaming\liteEditor\led\led.config. Error reason file I/O error, line 0 in File settings.cpp (Line 950; Function ledSettingsClass::load)
Error (16:42:36): error loading settings C:\Users\Christian\AppData\Roaming\liteEditor\code_metrics_code_metrics.config. Error reason file I/O error, line 0 in File settings.cpp (Line 950; Function ledSettingsClass::load)
Error (16:42:36): error loading settings C:\Users\Christian\AppData\Roaming\liteEditor\ftp_server_ftp_settings.config. Error reason file I/O error, line 0 in File settings.cpp (Line 950; Function ledSettingsClass::load)

- the create file dialog is messed up, why do I have to select litec as language?
- plus, I can't select if this is going to be a .c, a .h, an .fx file or whatsoever
- I would like to have a create .c/.h file-pair, example: if I want to create a .c/.h pair with the name "player" 2 files are generated: player.c and player.h with the following structure

player.c:

Code:
#ifndef player_c
#define player_c

#include "player.h"

// insert code here

#endif /* player_c */

player.h:

Code:
#ifndef player_h
#define player_h

// insert variables, prototypes, etc. here

#include "player.c"

#endif /* player_h */

- I don't understand the way you insert "unknown" files into the tree [EDIT] if I want to add a file to the same level of a tree that you apparently parsed from an opened script, I simply can't do that
- I can not open the gamestudio help???

However, this looks very good to me. Unfortunately, as long as you don't streamline it towards Gamestudio and add custom use-case specific things, I will stick to my favorite editor (Programmer's Notepad) which I have customized so that it fits my needs.

P.S: you really have to take care of the file creation, it is very uncomfortable to me.

Last edited by HeelX; 05/18/12 14:41.