Quote:
The lack of unified shader / lightening / Shadow solution ready to use without programming, and lacking from years until today in 3DGS just shows another Weak point.

yes, it really started to disturb me, as I'm not experienced at all in this field, but in other engines (in the same price category) I can get really fine solutions (e.g. in Neoaxis it is really nice and fast and just one click to set, in Esenthel only a few lines of code). so another thing to learn grin

anyway 3DGS is still very good for starting 3D game making, and for one person project development (especially if it is only a hobby, like in my case), mainly thanks to Lite-C what I really like. when I selected 3DGS I knew that I had to make my own game specific level editor, so I do not really care WED/GED, MED is usually okay as a mainly conversion step.

achieving commercial graphics quality by 3DGS probably requires more knowledge and work-time than in other engines, but in other engines programming requires more efforts... (or more money like in case of Unity what I do not plan to pay, and the free version is too restricted)

so imo 3DGS would be much better, if not only starting would be supported well by tutorials and AUM examples, but if a few small but commercial quality open source example projects would be released by the developer (could be third party), from where you could take ready to use solutions, fine tuned for this engine, and not only the community would give good advices for particular problems. it could be for a little extra money like in case of Esenthel, or free like in Neoaxis, it's a question of marketing.

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor