Hi guys, just thought I'd start a new project and list it here for some input.

I have at my disposal,
A8 Commercial Edition
L3DT Pro
Deciding on Milkshape or Blender
Rocks and Flora package RocksHD - from Pure3D.

Simply at this early stage, I want to create a terrain with the added rocks and trees from pure3D.

I want to add the trees randomly, but the density of the trees should be specified. Density of the trees eventually will be dependent on altitude and longitude (if we're to assume that the poles are traditionally cold and also to assume that the trees are best grown away from the poles.

At a later stage, variables like temperature, altitude, longitude can be applied to the terrain and also variables like favoured temperature added to objects.

I would add multiple levels of waterbodies to the eventual terrain. Essentially, freshwater (definition) for anything above sea-level.

I would prefer to divide up the terrain, either by joining multiple terrains together or defining the area of a circle with a specified centre. In this way, I can add multiple values to a certain area, like temperature, forest, swamp, etc. These values can then be used when we randomly place the trees and can affect the types of flora and fauna placed there. The terrain might be just divided into small cube sections with its own values.

Eventually, for the first part of this project, I would like to specify each section of a terrain what type of values it should have such as forest, swamp, desert, etc

to be continued.