Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 905 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: HULL MA script help [Re: jcl] #412844
12/04/12 04:44
12/04/12 04:44
B
Boris Offline OP
Boris  Offline OP
B

Hi jcl:

I just wanted to let you know that I reread Tutorial 4 and understand what I screwed up. I have completely coded my strategy with a modified HMA and it appears very profitable on multiple backtests, instruments and timeframes. I am currently demo trading it on FXCM and wanted to thank you very much for your help. Zorro is great for running and optimizing numerous strategies that would take me months otherwise. This program has helped me finish a project that was 7 years in the making by relying on others for coding. Keep up the good work for traders who are newbies at programming like me.

I was wondering if sometime in the future you would add support for Interactive Brokers since FXCM seems to have a dubious reputation as a broker (not my personal opinion, just second hand info) and also if IB is to be supported their minimum account balance is 10,000 so the maximum real money traded needs to be increased to I guess around 15-20K? Either way your product is extremely valuable for testing/developing strategies and I am very grateful for your help.

Many thanks
-Boris

Re: HULL MA script help [Re: Boris] #412847
12/04/12 07:35
12/04/12 07:35
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
Glad that the program was useful for you. We had many requests to implement Interactive Brokers - a user is working on a plugin as far as I know, but otherwise we'll write an IB plugin as soon as the MT4 interface is ready.

We also heard about FXCM issues, but can not confirm them so far. Their US branch was successfully sued some years ago for asymmetric slippage. We've observed the slippage statistics on our FXCM accounts, but found no asymmetry so far.

Complaints about brokers must be taken sometimes with a grain of salt. Traders especially in the US tend to sue their broker after they lost their money.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Petra 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de