Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Akow, degenerate_762), 1,430 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: lostclimate] #415183
01/14/13 19:40
01/14/13 19:40
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
lostclimate@ Man, I'm not offended at all, I just got angry. It's really strange to see community member attacking someone for his mistake in this way! Yes there is a wrong move made by Realspawn (and it's was really crappy as HeelX said), but can any of us say, that this isn't for the first time?? I've never seen a bad move from his side, and he is pretty old user around here. And the mistake he made (for his very first time) doesn't allow us to say (especially when everything has ended), that he doesn't deserve to be a part of the contest! And last post of JustSid is nothing to me, after our conversation we had, I can clearly see, that his first words (not that the project doesn't deserve to be in the contest, but Realspawn himself), were what he really meant (and that was a personal attack, as Error014 said). Other than that, I have really nothing left to say... Community members, should learn how to respect each other in a first place, or other ways, not the GS itself (as everyone talks lately), but the community is going to die.

Best greeting from Russia.

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: Realspawn] #415185
01/14/13 19:47
01/14/13 19:47
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
Originally Posted By: Realspawn
i wonder why people go talking about this after the contest is done. [...] Don't you guys have anything better to do?

I can only speak for me here. Under normal circumstances I'm not interested in this contest stuff. I just saw that JustSid posted in this forum and his posts are most of the time very interesting and worth reading. And that's how this whole topic caught my attention.

EDIT: I just noticed that the demo is still available on the resources site. I'd recommend taking it down in order to avoid risking legal consequences. I don't think Paramount has a good sense of humor. Not that it is likely that this stuff is found. Just in case...

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: 3run] #415187
01/14/13 20:03
01/14/13 20:03
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: 3run
[...]

Yep, titling a PM with "Fuck Realspawn" was probably not the best idea (full disclosure, just in case anyone wonders what 3run is talking about). Two things I would like to clarify though:
1) It was a PM for a reason, and the reason wasn't that you askeddemanded it so nicely. Interesting to see though that you now want a public discussion of it.
2) I don't have anything personally against Realspawn. What really pissed me off though is the fact that he didn't seem to care at all about the copyright infringement which is a slap in the face of everyone here who creates their own content.

But honestly, I don't care if Realspawn participates in this contest or any other contest. My posts in this thread were only about Solar System and Realspawns behaviour, nothing personal against him. I don't hate Realspawn, and I don't think that he is the devil himself, or whatever you think I think of him.

@Uhrwerk: Woohow, fanboys \o/ grin
@Realspawn: I don't actually care about the contest, that's why I didn't say anything while the voting was open. I just watched the video you posted in the video thread and decided to check wether the sound pieces were still in the final entry or not, they were and I made the post. Does it make much of a difference though? It's not like I was like "oh man, I fucking hate Realspawn (for no apparent reason), and I absolutely hate that he got the first prize".

Geez, I'm an asshole, not a monster.

Edit: @HeelX: Talking about PMs, I guess I owe you one. I read it, and I'll definitely answer it, but it's going to be a longer text, so yeah... But I didn't forget about you!

Last edited by JustSid; 01/14/13 20:26.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: WretchedSid] #415191
01/14/13 20:20
01/14/13 20:20
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Originally Posted By: JustSid
"Fuck Realspawn" .... just in case anyone wonders what 3run is talking about
That wasn't is, but whatever..
I don't hate Realspawn
Nice to see.

Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: 3run] #415196
01/14/13 20:54
01/14/13 20:54
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Quote:
Yep, titling a PM with "Fuck Realspawn" was probably not the best idea (full disclosure, just in case anyone wonders what 3run is talking about). Two things I would like to clarify though:

yeah, probably not a good idea.

Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: lostclimate] #415244
01/15/13 15:50
01/15/13 15:50
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
on second thought, i think this entire thread needs some appreciation as to how this community is allowing of disagreements, but in the end everyone seems to have at most talked it through even if it did get a little heated.

my point being is that this community seems to still be pretty strong despite people recently making a lot of comments on how it is apparently "dying"

Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: WretchedSid] #415245
01/15/13 15:51
01/15/13 15:51
H
HeelX Offline
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline
Senior Expert
H

@HeelX: Talking about PMs, I guess I owe you one. I read it, and I'll definitely answer it, but it's going to be a longer text, so yeah... But I didn't forget about you!
Thanks, I'll wait for your reply.

Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: HeelX] #415259
01/15/13 22:39
01/15/13 22:39
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline
User
Wjbender  Offline
User
W

cyberspace
Hmmm , a lot of debate .. I was reading through this "debate" and all i can say is
that rewarding wrong behaviour is not cool , now i know some may perhaps think
That i would have something negetive to say because i was an entrant and lost
but hear me out here , if conitec rewards this kind of behaviour whats to
come from all the next competitions , imagine next time this or something similar happens
How would the respect and honor of these competitions be affected ? Exactly how rewarding
would a wining entry be ? If rules are ment to be broken then what was the point
of working hard to adhere to them while knowing that the end result shall be fair
because those rules levels out the playing field and if so then simply put
My point would be , there was no competition it was simply not a level
playing field , i have no hard feelings towards my other "temporarely enemies while the competision was active" BUT i believe in honosty fairness and honor , since the subject was raised
conitec has not said a single word on it , AND that is the downfall of my respect towards gs the developers and the "jury" everyone is able to see and read this thread !!! whats going to happen when the entry is made public (as was) and a copywrite suite appears ? Will
conitec THEN have a say ? Actualy i dont care and dont know but i am telling you guys now
i am done ! I shall simply not ever use gs again my respect for it will never
again see the light of day

Compulsive compiler
Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: Wjbender] #415260
01/15/13 22:59
01/15/13 22:59
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
Originally Posted By: Wjbender
Actualy i dont care and dont know but i am telling you guys now i am done ! I shall simply not ever use gs again my respect for it will never again see the light of day
lol?

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: Uhrwerk] #415264
01/15/13 23:44
01/15/13 23:44
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Wjbender@ I hope you are just kidding, and you won't stop developing your navimesh pathfinding..
As you've already put so much of your time on it. I really can feel your pain, but please, don't give up this soon.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de