Thanks for completely ignoring what I said and trying to make it seem like this is some kind of personal grudge or crusade @heelx.

I never said that beginners are bad, or that I'm better than everyone else, I said that I wish that this forum was MORE professional, not that this was a forum of professionals. It's not though, and it doesn't offer me anything new that makes it worth to come back. There is no discussion whatsoever going on about anything, and while I'm certainly just a beginner at best, the questions that are asked here don't provide me with anything. Of course I could just become a missionary and answer every single question, but as you said it yourself, some of us have girlfriends and families and see this just as a hobby.

I want to learn and see new things, and this forum is simply not the place to be for this. That's not meant as offense for the users here, because being a beginner is certainly nothing bad.

Originally Posted By: HeelX
Even if it is true that people tend to try out other technologies, chose to just hang around here, revive their memories or hardworking on things - they are as free to do so as you are

Yes, so what? The point is that no discussion happens. I wish I could learn from the people that toyed around with other technology but came back because the forum sucked them in. I can't, because there is no fruitful discussion happening. The simple solution is that I go somewhere where these discussions happen and where I can learn new things. Go and sue me for having my heads in the clouds.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com