@Heelx:
thanks for testing. true words, there are several "special" solutions in my editor. at the moment it is not a multipurpose editor at all, and it has never been the target. when I started its development, I had no experience with 3D world editors, only dealt with modding strategy games, so I wanted a similar approach, because it is easier for me. I know the gui and the documentation is not the best at all, but using your own assets cannot be a problem (just copy your model or map entity in a proper subfolder described here: http://mapbuilder.zxq.net/MBloadtutorial.html, and it will be found by the editor). normally there is a modify button in the bottom right corner to tweak entities after placement (except for grass and shrub sprites). a bit unusual way, so gizmos and one click selection are planned in near future.

the funny thing is that, after I rewrote my rts game related things in this spring (what I'm developing within my editor, but excluded from the contest version), now I could eliminate most of these special things, thus have a possibility to convert it into a more general world editor. but they are only future plans, beside my game project to be started in October...

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor