Hi all,

It strikes me as very inefficient that we are all trying to develop profitable strategies independently. Reading about strategies in books or online forums and trying to combine them, tweak them, code them, no doubt repeatedly coding similar strategies that do not work or are profitable but not tradable - too low return, too high drawdown, not enough trades etc.

I know that we are all hoping to secretly code the infinite money making script, but realistically what are our chances and how long is that going to take? If we find it it is unlikely to work forever, and we will have to find a new one.

I have already reached a point where I doubt I'll ever have the time or skills to test the ideas I have. Certainly not with a family and a day-job.

Is there anyone else out there prepared to share and collaborate?

I'm not sure how this should be done, but I do know that virtual collaboration seems to work well in the open source programming world.

Is anyone interested?

Does anyone have ideas on how to organize ourselves? share workloads? find tasks for people with different levels of trading, coding, testing & research skills?

My idea is that we copy the structure of successful hedge funds, who no doubt have research, design, test, & operations units, but this must have a planning and decision making core that everyone is happy with and it possibly needs a limited membership to preserve some element of secrecy - even jcl doesn't share z strategies code ;-)

I'm sure there are other looser and tighter models, and would appreciate a chance to discuss them.