1. Video mode 7 line's scale_x had a wrong value...it has been corrected.
2. Changed the panel name to filmGrainPanel to eliminate a double definition error.

Filmgrain is the noise pattern you see on old movies and on modern ones with an intentional filter placed during post. The Silent Hill games use it as does our very own The Kid, as well as, my own. It gives horror games a little more atmosphere, although it's good to provide an on/off switch for framrerate purposes. In the case of this code, all you have to do is set grainToggle to 0 and it takes care of the cleanup.

The autoresizing is a simple matter of altering the scale_x and scale_y to the appropriate value based on the resolution. I don't know how well it would work with panels with words on them or dithering, but it works fine for noise patterns and I'd think flat color. You could also display the PCX files as screen entities. They automatically resize depending on the resolutino, but it doesn't look as nice as using panels.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links