Hey there,

The tutorial is one of two that come packaged together. I'd downloaded them a little while back, so maybe they're simply outdated now or were obsolesced by some changes to A7 - which is the version they're designed for, and the version I'm using (I haven't updated to A8 yet).

It looks like the tutorials on the site here were updated from the last time I saw them, and I'm expecting a book in the mail (hopefully tomorrow, though who can say with the USPS these days) that should hopefully prove helpful as well.

I feel like I'm already starting off in a confusing position, because of the implementation of the Adaptive Binary Tree, which allows for levels to be designed in two different ways - ABT vs. BSP. This in turn requires them to be built and/or compiled in different ways (convex vs. concave, etc), which in turn seems to require different settings to be toggled/active, and those settings seem to be located in different spots, and used at different points in the project (at build time, in the game's prefs, etc). All stuff I'm sure I'll get used to with time, but a lot to take in and kinda confusing to make heads or tails of when you're first starting out (at least for me).

Anyway, I think I'm gonna just stop with the FastStrike tutorial, and move on to these others ones. Hopefully they'll be better written and more accurate.

Thanks.

Last edited by Preypacer; 11/29/13 02:44.