I also found the controlls and UI unintuitive. I'm not used to these old-school games, but I understand your decision to stick with it. It might be a good idea to add some ingame hints, though.
For example:
-In the first dialog of Lise waking up, put a 'press space to continue' text in the lower left corner.
-When you first get to control your character put a 'Hint: use WASD keys to move your character.' in the same place.
-When entering your name, explain the controlls (I didn't know I had to use space here, so I got a little annoyed). I also found it to be slow in response; sometimes just tapping the space key doesn't add the letter, you have to actually keep it pressed. This also added to the confusion because I thought space was not the right key because nothing happened when I tapped it.
-Maybe, when encountering the first enemy, explain how to fight it.

Now, I know I could have known all this from reading the manual, and these problems are only minor (anyone who has used a pc before can figure it out), but it can still be anoying. If the player is constantly annoyed by minor things it won't be fun. Many players, including me, are too lazy to read manuals, and rather get straight to the action. I think that by improving these things, your game will feel much more polished.