Back in September '14, I was attempting to determine which Z system to run live. My candidates were Z1, Z2 and Z5 (I considered Z12 also, but Sundance seemed to be having problems with it (thread "One Year Z12 live"), but it seems to be ok now, if I read the thread correctly). Anyway, the major issue with Z5 (as I understand it), seemed to be lack of volatility in the pairs traded (or in the CHF, not sure which), so much so, that many posters reported no trades being entered at all. So Zorro 1.26 came along, addressing this issue. I still had my doubts, and went with Z1. It's been up and down since 9/14, but currently running at a profit (due in large part to shorting the USDCHF pair).

I guess a question to be asked is, what have we learned re: Z4/Z5, in light of the SNB de-capping ? (btw, I see Z4/Z5 are no longer listed in the manual). For one, I think we were all expecting some type of "soft landing" if the SNB decided to remove the cap. We expected to be given enough time to shut our systems down, or at least have our orders stopped out. But with everyone trying to close their positions at the same time, many suffered huge losses.

The upshot is, I don't think we planned for the unexpected. No one's fault, really. Just a fact of life.

Last edited by kandlekid; 01/19/15 06:28.