Originally Posted By: DLively
TIP: Im not sure if you've made up your mind or not with how you're accomplishing placing models in your levels - But I'd recommend chopping your pieces into small chunks rather than 'whole pieces' (Is what I understood from your post).

The reason for this is so when you get into placing lighting into your city, you wont have to chop things up so much later on, causing you to potentially deconstruct your level..

http://www.conitec.net/beta/aentity-lightrange.htm

I hope this is helpful for you, Cheers!
-------------------------------
Any additions to this tip are welcome.

Thanks. Everything in my level is already cut in to bits and all I have to do is build the level by instancing a model, snap it in to place just like playing lego. When importing a fbx model to WED it gives me an option to pick which geometry is imported as block and which is a model entity. By selecting mdl to main geometry and all it's instance it creates one mdl file for that piece of the level and the rest is just a reference saving me memory and time.

I was looking for the best way to create a level, turns out max is a good one as it allows me to do everything. I just hope I finish this with a decent result.