Heya Claus_N,

You get the sample .wmp together and I will add the pathfinding to it. How does that sound? Pathfinding will work for player and monsters if they are in the sample and need pathfinding. I will have to change your code slighty to get it working though, if that is ok. Let me know if it's ok to butcher your code and I will get on it.

This is a very good contribution and I will do what I can to help you out.

I have already had many request to make it multiplayer, but until I get my networking fixed, that's not going to happen.

Edit: After looking through your code, I would have to add 2 (move) Modes, MODE_PATH_WALK & MODE_PATH_RUN, plus adding 4 skills, and change the basic_move() function some and 1 line of code in each entity's action that would use Astar. That would basically be it, other than adding the actual astar.wdl, a simple astar dll, and some other minor changes in player_set_walkpoint() and such. Let me know if it is ok to make the changes. Get me an example .wmp though so I can test while adding the code though if you want me to add pathfinding. I don't have time for designing levels and stuff.

It really is an excellent contribution, thanks,
Loco

Last edited by Locoweed; 08/14/05 03:56.

Professional A8.30
Spoils of War - East Coast Games