Interesting! Getting aroused by the Humble Bundle thing, and Steam OS and so on, I always though that Linux is the perfect place to go multiplatform for, if you are by your heart a Windows PC developer. Especially because by the 1) the power of the underlying PC and 2) the big community in terms of IT support (even though I am a nerd to a whole bunch of people, all Linux people look like total nerds to me!), and especially because of 3) the appreciation of the port.

There was a saying from one of the Maxis guys, that when they ported The Sims to Mac, they got boosted sales - just because "its on Mac", and I heard similar things - especially in analytic revenue statistics across platforms - about Linux.

And heck, it's just easy to develop for Linux if you have a Windows PC.. just boot the 2nd OS and you are done wink ... when I would decide to go Mac... nah... I would have to buy one!

So.. about the driver thing one sure can say that the team has not done proper testing - in my company everyone feels challenged when talking about Linux ports just because of the native code lying underneath. And I believe - even though I don't know the game Son of Nor or Stillalive Studios - that chosing the right technology is key to a Linux port.

There is a wonderful quote from Shigeru Miyamoto which is true to the situation those fellas described:

Quote:
A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.