Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Stooq now requires an API key
by cwford. 10/08/26 23:27
ZorroGPT
by TipmyPip. 10/06/26 05:32
Purchase A8 full licence version
by jcl. 10/05/26 12:12
Respect History setting for Z systems
by AndrewAMD. 10/02/26 15:43
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
Dorifto samurai
Shadow 2
Rocker`s Revenge
Stug 3 Stormartillery
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (cwford, JeyKey II), 23,100 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
JimSimons, julienp, julienper, KelleyAbbey, Yopachi
19246 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Period Slider issue #461384
08/03/16 13:37
08/03/16 13:37
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 33
NC
C
Cstyle Offline OP
Newbie
Cstyle  Offline OP
Newbie
C

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 33
NC
I'm trying to trade a custom strategy while connected to IB. I set the slider for period to 20. I click Trade. The slider automatically goes to 60. The slider is then grayed out, which forces me to trade on the 60 time frame. How do I trade on different time frames?

Thanks!

Re: Period Slider issue [Re: Cstyle] #461385
08/03/16 13:40
08/03/16 13:40
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 33
NC
C
Cstyle Offline OP
Newbie
Cstyle  Offline OP
Newbie
C

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 33
NC
Ok, I just clicked stop, reset the slider to 20, and clicked trade again. This time it stayed on 20. Odd.

Is there a way to get it to default to something other than 60? Do I have to follow this same procedure of stopping and restarting in order to get the correct period, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Re: Period Slider issue [Re: Cstyle] #461393
08/03/16 17:01
08/03/16 17:01
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 568
Fuerth, DE
Sphin Offline
User
Sphin  Offline
User

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 568
Fuerth, DE
Why don't you set BarPeriod by script? The period slider then moves magically to the value you set there.

Re: Period Slider issue [Re: Sphin] #461414
08/04/16 13:55
08/04/16 13:55
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 28,139
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 28,139
Frankfurt
When a script is started the first time, the sliders move to their default positions. On all subsequent starts they keep their last positions.

Re: Period Slider issue [Re: Sphin] #461449
08/05/16 19:31
08/05/16 19:31
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 33
NC
C
Cstyle Offline OP
Newbie
Cstyle  Offline OP
Newbie
C

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 33
NC
Good advice. Thanks!


Moderated by  Petra 

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1