Hi,

I am sure this will not go over well with the shader gurus, but I have had enough. Is any expert on the subject ever going to make a good tutorial or not? I have spent too many hours beating my head up against the wall trying to squeeze an ounce of information out of anyone dealing with shaders, even receiving .wrs files to hide the code. Come on guys, someone please explain shaders in detail with some nice tutorials.

I have no time and don't want to do it myself, but I swear I will make the time and learn shaders inside and out, and do it myself if no one else does.

Everytime I try to get help or information on this subject, even on a major project, I have been met with what I would call apathy. Someone please take the mystery out of it or I will do it myself in a tutorial similar to the multiplayer tutorial that will take a person from zero and cover atleast a few aspects of making different shaders work with 3DGS and explaining what is going on in the shader script.

I am not trying to be rude, but I have had enough. Someone please start explaining shaders with working tutorials and help the community, or I will friggin do it myself.

I am really sorry for how this sounds,
but there comes a point in time that someone has to say something.
Why is this part of the community different from the rest?
It won't be for much longer, one way or the other,
Loco

PS: I will never live down this post, but that's ok if it makes something happen. Heh, now I have probably forced myself into the realm of shaders, since, what little help I was getting, will now be zero.

This is not meant to say anything bad about anyone dealing with shaders. I really like and respect most of you and I know you are busy, but the fact is, this part of the community in my opinion is the least helpful as far as teaching people how to learn this aspect of 3DGS and do it themselves. It just has to change. My apologies.

It's ok for a while if you don't claim to know me.

Professional A8.30
Spoils of War - East Coast Games