Quote:

The more artists who know how to stick a .fx file on their kick-ass monster/player/item, the more "wickkked-kewl" screen shots we'll start to see...

i thought that could already be done in MED?

learning hlsl is very easy. just ignore the stuff you don't understand straight away and keep going at it. the "intro to shader programming" on the wiki here is very useful and very straightforward. after that it's so easy to use a little trial-and-error and some of your own cleverness (and perhaps analyze some of the wiki shaders) and you'll be there.

i'm not an expert with shaders, but give me a week or two now that i've finished my last ever exam for school (WOO!!!) and i will be. even for the less mathematically-minded, it can't be that hard.

and btw, the tutorial just above "intro to shader programming" is "how to apply a shader to a model". i don't know how well it covers it, but it could be of use.

for those artists who can't program anything whatsoever, i wouldn't think it's hard to assign a .fx file to a model in MED, but i dunno. i don't use MED. just don't try any post-processing effects on a MED model as this probably only works with shaders that rely only on the model's skins.

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!