Okay, then, what does my video card support then, if it supports shaders at all? I have Radeon 9600 XT. It seems, though, that a lot of stuff from shaders can simply be done with a skin image so what's the point in having a shader in this case? A lot of my textures have black with random amounts of alpha which gives a bump-like feel. My platforms are an example of this as well as the buildings, sandy shore on the beach, etc.. I don't have shaders, I'm using a skin image for the bump effects. Basically, all I do is use the add noise feature, use color reduction to get 2 channels per color (allowing for 8 different colors), then, in the GIMP, import this image as a layer, turn a color into black, set the first alpha to 0, do the next color, turn it to black, make the alpha at 32, do the next at 64 and so on. Then I do a mass-color erase at either 75 or, sometimes, 87.5 to simulate the roughness. However, this technique has limits, easily noticed with my beach. I could almost just use a 2x2 skin for the platforms (except the goal and start platforms) and, if it's possible, apply the roughness effect to it.

If there was another way to apply the roughness at the 1:1 resolution (I'd prefer 2 pixels per quant myself), I could have smaller skin sizes (not the huge 1024x1024 textures I use very often) which could, in turn, allow for a lot more options.

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials