Hello George,
I have been seeking to implement the mesh deformation from AUM 8 and whilst it works to a certain degree, there are some areas I would like to see clarifed.
For instance;
The deformation as shown in the AUM8 article works only on a terrain size you have demonstrated on.
Any variations in terrain size will return random results (it either will deform or wont, it will deform away from impact point etc.)
I have kept within the scope of the formulae like inputing the correct vertices count per terrain and played with the other number variables but cant get an acurate deformation at point of impact so I keep to the size your test terrain is.
Secondly, it seems that deformation is a visual effect only as I cannot get my player to enter into the cratered areas at all, it justs rides up over a ghost (or the original terrain)surface.
Have tried both c_move and ent_move, no differrence.

I am seeking to build a clone type "Scorched Earth" game and would really like some help on this one.

My question is, can you give another project example of terrain/model deformation article for A6 pleas,e seeking to resolve the above issues?.
Thanks.

*Edit
Discovered that by using 'normal' (vec_to_angle(my.pan, normal);) the ghost prob dissapears but cannot yet implement it correctly. All knids of crazy things happen to the position of the player or it wont initialise etc...
Also, because of event_impact, any object impacting will cause an empty pointer "Empty pointer in create_crate: vec_set(hit_coords,pocket.pos)"
I can get rid of the empty pointer by placing an if statement for the
existence or the projectile but any impact will cause a deformation to occur.
Have tried event_detect but no workable solutions yet.

Last edited by Nemisis; 06/22/05 06:14.