Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,397 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19
Re: sword [Re: RJDL] #47642
06/19/05 16:31
06/19/05 16:31
Williamsburg, VA USA
draculaFactory Offline OP
User
draculaFactory  Offline OP
User

Williamsburg, VA USA
Maybe you can. This code was posted by Matt_Aufderheide in this post right here.

Code:

material burneffect
{
effect="
technique burn
{
pass p0
{
AlphaBlendEnable = true;
srcblend = destcolor;
destblend = invsrcalpha;
}
}";
}

I don't know if you know about materials, but this is a material and what you need to do is make an action like this.

Code:

action material_test
{
my.material = burneffect;
}

Assign that to a model and compile and go. It will probably look alot different from mine, my guess is that my action for my weapon trails looks like this:

Code:

function weapon_trail()
{
my.material = burneffect;
my.passable = on;
my.transparent = on;
my.alpha = 50;
my.ambient = 100;
my.bright = on;
my.flare = on;

my.skin = weapon.skin;
vec_set(my.x,weapon.x);
my.pan = weapon.pan;
my.tilt = weapon.tilt;
my.roll = weapon.roll;
wait(4);
ent_remove(me);
return;
}

Notice the parts in red. My guess is that it affects the shader, probably not. How the shader appears probably depends on the actual skin of the model. I think this because of the reason stated in my last post at the bottom of the link that I provided for shader's post. BTW: Here's the new spear!

Not so much of me being nice; I just really don't care if you guys use them! A couple of days ago I didn't think that I could skin them, but when I actually tried, I found out that it was pretty easy - even though I'm just using MED. There is also a lack of Fantasy/RPG content that is worth anything. Most people absolutely go nuts over FPS. Sure, lots of voilence in my game, but there are ways around voilence in my game; you can just scare away enemies, and what makes you think that a giant beast wants you anyway? Yea sharks like to bite things, they do it to test if something is food, but they don't like to EAT people because we are boney, they prefer the blubber of seals. Similarly, goblins might want to hide from you because you have that big spear.

Edit: Sorry about the edit, I need advice from anyone who actually views this thread. Shall I A). Make the different player attacks depend on like a charge bar, hold down the attack button and the charge moves up and when it is released, the attack depends on how charged you are. OR B). Make him attack with different animations randomly? Can't make up my mind.

Last edited by slizzer; 06/19/05 18:46.
Re: sword [Re: draculaFactory] #47643
06/20/05 05:53
06/20/05 05:53
Netherlands
RJDL Offline
Developer
RJDL  Offline
Developer

Netherlands
Hi, thanks for your huge answer,
I don't know much about material, could you post an image with and without materials, so i get an idea what it's about?
thanks
o, and about your question: i would go for anser B, it's no fun not being possible to attack well, because you have to charge
good luck and thanx

RJD

Re: sword [Re: RJDL] #47644
06/20/05 07:45
06/20/05 07:45
Williamsburg, VA USA
User
User

Williamsburg, VA USA
Materials are easy, the weapon trails in the pic on the very first post use materials, the one of the mace uses the shader. Materials are easy just make some code like this:

material my_test_material
{
emissive_red = 255;
diffuse_red = 100;
//whatever
}

Check the manual on this, it covers it well. Look at the sample materials listed under the example. To assign a material to an object, just add this to the object's ACTION: my.material = your_material_name_here;

B). Was pretty much what I was leaning towards, but with charging you would be able to attack WITHOUT charging, but if you charge you can use a stronger attack. Like ZELDA. Actually what I had was a damage bonus based on the charge, and if you charge up all the way there was a chance that you would leave your weapon stuck in the enemy until it dies.

Making dreams come true... And being erroneously accused of software piracy by Conitec in the process.
Re: sword [Re: RJDL] #47645
06/20/05 07:46
06/20/05 07:46
Hamburg, Germany / Springfield...
Andreas C Offline
Andreas C  Offline

Hamburg, Germany / Springfield...
Slizzer,
I actually like the idea a.), varying the attack based on the amount of ... hmmm "determination", "force", "charge" (whatever one calls it). It does make it more difficult, but then combat is difficult - and hitting something with more force is more difficult then jabbing it.

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: sword [Re: Andreas C] #47646
06/20/05 08:46
06/20/05 08:46
Williamsburg, VA USA
User
User

Williamsburg, VA USA
Cheers? Oh, nevermind. LOL. I thought it was a good idea. I had all sorts of effects like the weapon throwing, and hitting so hard that the weapon stays in the enemy and continues to damage it. Weapon integrity code: abuse your weapon like that and it will break. Hey look at the new spear skin!

Making dreams come true... And being erroneously accused of software piracy by Conitec in the process.
Re: sword [Re: draculaFactory] #47647
06/20/05 19:15
06/20/05 19:15
Netherlands
RJDL Offline
Developer
RJDL  Offline
Developer

Netherlands
wow, looks very good!
how did you make the top look so much like real reflecting metal? is it just simple skinning?
i think i will go learn a bit more about materials, i guess they can turn out to be really handy:p
good luck with your new models (if you are going to make new ones...)

RJD

Re: sword [Re: RJDL] #47648
06/20/05 19:18
06/20/05 19:18
Netherlands
RJDL Offline
Developer
RJDL  Offline
Developer

Netherlands
o, and about your attack method: maybe you could do both ways. you could just slash around, and with one button you can charge a kind of 'super attack', with isn't the regular atatck, but stronger, and with cool particles and so on...:p
but in common combat i prefer quick attacks i think.
good luck

RJD

Re: sword [Re: RJDL] #47649
06/21/05 18:52
06/21/05 18:52
Williamsburg, VA USA
User
User

Williamsburg, VA USA
Yes, what I was planning was a charge bar and if the player's charge is less than like 10, then normal attack. If more than 10, lunge; if more than 30, cleave; if more than 50, then throw (distance depending on how much above 50 and how much below 80); if above 80 then spin, and if 100 then devestating blow that shatters your weapon. BTW: Sword now has an obsidian skin similar to the spear's obsidian skin.

New! Flintlock, WIP! Need feedback; not skinned, no trigger or flash pan yet. Coming soon, blunderbuss.

Re: sword [Re: draculaFactory] #47650
06/21/05 19:22
06/21/05 19:22
Netherlands
RJDL Offline
Developer
RJDL  Offline
Developer

Netherlands
seems a good idea to me.
and about that obsidian skin, is it just an image, or has it any materials applied to it?
good luck

RJD

Re: sword [Re: RJDL] #47651
06/21/05 22:13
06/21/05 22:13
Williamsburg, VA USA
User
User

Williamsburg, VA USA
no materials not even metal

Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de