Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Alternative to Stooq for Zorro S
by cwford. 10/09/26 00:48
Stooq now requires an API key
by cwford. 10/08/26 23:27
ZorroGPT
by TipmyPip. 10/06/26 05:32
Purchase A8 full licence version
by jcl. 10/05/26 12:12
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
Dorifto samurai
Shadow 2
Rocker`s Revenge
Stug 3 Stormartillery
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 15,346 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
JimSimons, julienp, julienper, KelleyAbbey, Yopachi
19246 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
IB Gateway disconnect at night #482811
04/01/21 10:28
04/01/21 10:28
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 12
N
nullantechamber Offline OP
Newbie
nullantechamber  Offline OP
Newbie
N

Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 12
I am slowly getting ready to go live with a small account with IB, but I keep encountering the same problem. Every night, the gateway program closes. I have tried to find a setting to stop this, but have been unable to locate the problem. I know this is an issue with TWS, which is why I have been doing everything through the gateway. Has anyone found a solution to keep the gateway from shutting down at night? This is problem for futures strategies that need to work through the night.

Re: IB Gateway disconnect at night [Re: nullantechamber] #482812
04/01/21 11:26
04/01/21 11:26
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 788
Z
Zheka Offline
User
Zheka  Offline
User
Z

Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 788
It's in the settings...If you cannot locate it/don't know how to google it - then you probably should not be trading even a small account.

Last edited by Zheka; 04/01/21 11:27.
Re: IB Gateway disconnect at night [Re: Zheka] #482819
04/01/21 23:58
04/01/21 23:58
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 12
N
nullantechamber Offline OP
Newbie
nullantechamber  Offline OP
Newbie
N

Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 12
The only options listed are to 1. auto log off and 2. auto restart, I am trying to find out if there is a way to avoid either. There does not appear to be any guidance on the issue and the general consensus is just to use the restart.

Re: IB Gateway disconnect at night [Re: nullantechamber] #482820
04/02/21 01:13
04/02/21 01:13
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,835
Chicago
AndrewAMD Offline
Serious User
AndrewAMD  Offline
Serious User

Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,835
Chicago
The only way to avoid it is to avoid IB.

Re: IB Gateway disconnect at night [Re: nullantechamber] #482826
04/02/21 12:25
04/02/21 12:25
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 601
Austria
Petra Offline
Support
Petra  Offline
Support

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 601
Austria
Auto restart will work for the disconnect at night, but in my experience the IB Gateway also shuts down completely any Sunday. It must then be manually restarted.

Re: IB Gateway disconnect at night [Re: nullantechamber] #482845
04/06/21 18:09
04/06/21 18:09
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 12
N
nullantechamber Offline OP
Newbie
nullantechamber  Offline OP
Newbie
N

Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 12
So what i did was set the restart time during the futures market "pause" and the sunday, well I guess that is just unavoidable for now. If I find a solution, I will update thread.


Moderated by  Petra 

Gamestudio download | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1