Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Alternative to Stooq for Zorro S
by cwford. 10/09/26 21:13
Stooq now requires an API key
by cwford. 10/08/26 23:27
ZorroGPT
by TipmyPip. 10/06/26 05:32
Purchase A8 full licence version
by jcl. 10/05/26 12:12
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
Dorifto samurai
Shadow 2
Rocker`s Revenge
Stug 3 Stormartillery
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (cwford, AndrewAMD), 15,647 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
JimSimons, julienp, julienper, KelleyAbbey, Yopachi
19246 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Alternative to Stooq for Zorro S #489696
21 hours ago
21 hours ago
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 13
C
cwford Online OP
Newbie
cwford  Online OP
Newbie
C

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 13
I need some help getting started:

1. I have a Zorro S.
2. I have an IB account.
3. I want to trade stocks and ETFs using the Z9 strategy.
4. This strategy requires first training on historical data
5. Documentation says use Stooq for historical stock quotes
6. Stooq now requires an API key that I cannot get thru the methods suggested by JCL in this forum

My two questions are:

1. If I cannot use Stooq, what historical data provider can I use?
2. What changes do I need to make to Zorro.ini, the strategy, or assets CSV file to use a historical data provider other than Stooq?

Thank you

Re: Alternative to Stooq for Zorro S [Re: cwford] #489697
21 hours ago
21 hours ago
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 13
C
cwford Online OP
Newbie
cwford  Online OP
Newbie
C

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 13
Addendum:

Is anyone else using Zorro S to trade with the Z9 strategy? If so, what historical data provider are you using? How are you alerting Zorro to this new provider?

Thank you!

Re: Alternative to Stooq for Zorro S [Re: cwford] #489698
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 28,140
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 28,140
Frankfurt
We have not yet found a free alternative to Stooq, and there is probably none. There are several paid alternatives, for instance AlphaVantage or EOD.

But normally you can download the data from your broker. Use the Download script and set the time frame to D1.

Re: Alternative to Stooq for Zorro S [Re: cwford] #489699
45 minutes ago
45 minutes ago
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 13
C
cwford Online OP
Newbie
cwford  Online OP
Newbie
C

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 13
Thank you, Johan,

Conceptually, this is very clear. I should use the Download script to get historical data.

I have read through the manual on getting historical data but, alas, implementation-wise, this is very unclear:

1. Do I use an "accounts.csv" file for the Download script?
2. If so, do I need to preface the symbol name with the historical data provider?
3. Do you know if I can get the historical data I need from IB? When I looked through the IB site, it was unclear to me how far back their historical data went.
4. If I can use IB, is there anything special I need to do with the script or the accounts.csv file, assuming I need one?
5. Does the Downloads script automatically download historical data to Zorro's History folder?
6. Assuming I can get the historical data downloaded, how do I tell the Z9 script where to find it while I am testing the Z9 script?

I really appreciate all the work you've put into Zorro, and an end-to-end example, with images, for a situation like this would really help a great deal.

Thank,

Clyde Ford


Moderated by  Petra 

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1