In MED and WED, when you move the camera around (panning), the lighting changes. I'd like to have this same thing in the engine except not changing from panning (be constant). Like, for example, if I had the Sun to the southeast 45° above the horizon, the lighting would be like that. This would cause the northwest sides of objects to be the darkest and the southeast sides to be the lightest. The lightest should be the true color version while the darkest be half transparent black. The function only needs to run once for the associated world and change when the world changes (such as going from the city world to the mountain world) being processed only once again (although things will be flagged as visible and invisible and eventually be created when the player changes the graphics options for some worlds).

These are MDL models, not blocks. I'd like to know how to accomplish this. The only thing that I can think of is to have a separate model for the lighting, but this is hard to do on curved surfaces like hilly land and could seriously hurt the frame rate, even with my.dynamic set to off.

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials