Executing Trades on Next Bar Open
by vicknick. 06/13/24 08:51
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (ozgur, Ayumi, VHX, monarch), 1,161 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19059 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: random wall texture [Re: Bilbo] #54410
09/10/05 00:45
09/10/05 00:45
California, USA
bupaje Offline
Expert
bupaje  Offline
Expert

California, USA
Quote:

...after seeing yours and bupaje's post i started messing around trying to see if i could come up with anything. Well its nothings special but they tile so Heres an ingame shot.

@FeiHongJr - Great. You won't hurt anything by trying and with a bit of practice anyone can get the basics down. Even if your goal isn't to be a texture artist the ability to convert a photo into a seamless texture, modify an existing texture or make a few detail textures yourself is worth the effort. Besides it's fun.

@Bilbo - The first three look promising as natural textures. Try them on a few simple blocks to see how they look. I particularly like the first grass tile.

The last one seems odd -mostly because it seems grasslike but the geometric straight patterns condradict the usual more fractal like growth of grass. If you have a 'jiggle' type filter it might help break up some of the straight angles....

Nice work.

After you get comfortable with the tiles and some of the drawing tools you might try a brick pattern where each row is offset a little. Geometric patterns like bricks are easiest as you can use a grid to help you draw and pretty much be sure the lines will meet when you wrap the texture.

Find me at: |Stormvisions| Twitter|
Re: random wall texture [Re: bupaje] #54411
09/10/05 14:00
09/10/05 14:00
BagEnd, Hobbiton, The Shire, E...
B
Bilbo Offline OP
Senior Developer
Bilbo  Offline OP
Senior Developer
B

BagEnd, Hobbiton, The Shire, E...
hmmm i definatly agree with you bupaje the 2nd grass isnt right... to bright i think and the circle bit will repeat to much. it was supposed to repressent grass after the lawn had been mown. the patterns are the cut grass lying on top.

anyways next one.
[image] http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7272/rock10sr.jpg [/image]

http://Lonewolfstudios.syxe.com - now in php! Bah, I'm nerd enough to enjoy the rattling ~ laethyn
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de