The zip file format is a common format. Zip file password cracking software is available, and it could be stated that a file in .zip file format is more easily cracked because that format is common. It also might be stated that a file in a newer Conitec .rsr file format is not so easily cracked because that format is less common, and there are far less cracks available for it. Thus, it might be useful to create a unique file format, and decompression/compression functionality using known compression algorithms, especially for those that are using any version lower than the Professional version. A utility with a GUI might be created to aid in the compression of project files to the hypothetical format. The source code for decompressing the files to the buffer, might probably be "closed source" and no functionality for decompressing the format to separate files would likely be created.

This was hinted at by Lion_Ts.
Quote:

And for last word, you may write your own archiving/encrypting methods, may be better than zlib. And use similar code to add buffers to engine file system.

While there are certainly those that are more able or willing to implement such a thing, I might be willing to take a "stab" at an implementation if there are no adequate volunteers and there is a fair amount of interest. Unfortunately, Conitec is all to clever, making it a requirement that I first "purchase" the SDK before I distribute such a "closed source" implementation.