Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,333 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19053 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Need a skin painter #57958
10/23/05 04:27
10/23/05 04:27
Oz
L
Locoweed Offline OP
Expert
Locoweed  Offline OP
Expert
L

Oz
I am getting back to my origins. Back to my first dream game when I join the 3dgs community 3 years ago. I am going to go ahead and finish my original game, which was a 6 player multiplayer strategic space game. I will probable be creating on average about 2 unwrapped spaceship models per week and I need someone to paint the skins. I will have the skins setup easy for painting. Basically, unless a few people I have invited to help me have time to help, it will be just me and the skinner, which would be you, if you join me. No stress, no deadlines, just some fun skinning until we are done. I am not promising anything here, but my help and knowledge whenever you need it. Anyway, if the game ever is commpleted and sold, you would definately receive a fair amount of the sales. It's not a real lucrative deal or anything, but I need a partner to help me out. I may invite another modeller to help ot too, but right now I don't want a team of more than 4 people for personal reasons. I guess that reason is, that that is always the number of people that really are active with a team anyways.

I lost my original dream because no one had interest in the style of game, but I am going to get back to finishing it now.

So, if you are interested in painting the skins for about 300 unwrapped cool spaceships and units, let me know.

Like 3 years ago, I might get no replies, that's ok though, I will just plug along on it myself. It's always been my dream and I am going to go ahead and finish it now.

PM me, reply here, whatever, if you are interested,

Re: Need a skin painter [Re: Locoweed] #57959
10/23/05 04:42
10/23/05 04:42
Torrance, California
Kerkelenz Offline
Developer
Kerkelenz  Offline
Developer

Torrance, California
You can paint your Skin easylly for Spaceships with Photoshop, you just make the UVW wireframe with MED or better with and Unwrap rogram and then you put each group in to a different layer in photoshop and just put a picture on it, that is pretty easy, you can just make a quick search on google for those pics.

ErKeL

Re: Need a skin painter [Re: Kerkelenz] #57960
10/23/05 04:48
10/23/05 04:48
Oz
L
Locoweed Offline OP
Expert
Locoweed  Offline OP
Expert
L

Oz
Thanks Xtreme, (nice avatar, heh)

I realize this, I will have the models unwrapped, so does that mean you want to paint the skins, or is that just good advise?

I just need one person who would like to work with me here, painting the skins. Anything they ever needed from me, they have it, if I can make it happen. And on a good day, I can help out a bit. A modeller/skinner needing some programming help perhaps? I dunno. It's just an offer for anyone interested. It's not like a big promotion or help me please plea. If someone is interested let me know. Never helps to have some friends and fun.

It's not like I don't have connections to some others that would gladly help and do a great job, it's just an offer to anyone that is interested in helping with this genre of game.

Loco

Professional A8.30
Spoils of War - East Coast Games
Re: Need a skin painter [Re: Locoweed] #57961
10/23/05 07:59
10/23/05 07:59
Germany => Bavaria => Unterfra...
LordRathan Offline
User
LordRathan  Offline
User

What kind of space-ship-real-time-strategy-game is it? Something like Nexus?

And, what quality of skins do you want?

Re: Need a skin painter [Re: LordRathan] #57962
10/23/05 11:41
10/23/05 11:41
Torrance, California
Kerkelenz Offline
Developer
Kerkelenz  Offline
Developer

Torrance, California
I can work with ya for free dude, and besides, may be u wanna join my team, those german dumba**es can suck my di**!!

Re: Need a skin painter [Re: Kerkelenz] #57963
10/23/05 11:42
10/23/05 11:42
Torrance, California
Kerkelenz Offline
Developer
Kerkelenz  Offline
Developer

Torrance, California
dude, im workin on a big project right now, and I can use the training so lets get it on!!! and besides, yor pic rox! xD

Re: Need a skin painter [Re: Kerkelenz] #57964
10/25/05 01:52
10/25/05 01:52
Oz
L
Locoweed Offline OP
Expert
Locoweed  Offline OP
Expert
L

Oz
Lol on pic.

Originally, 3 years ago when I started the project, the plan was real-time movement on a strategic level, yet almost being turn-based in a way. When mulitple units on the strategic level ended up in the same area, the actual battles would actually switch to real-time tactical screen. I may switch this yet, but I do want some real chess-like strategy involved with the actual real-time combat.

Here some old documentation that would describe some of what I was originally trying to accomplish long ago. Some Early Galactic Uprising Concepts. I wouldn't have it quite like decribed there anymore, but that might give you an idea of why I originally was creating the game. I doubt it will actually be turn-based anymore, but it will be atleast paced for the strategic part of the game. Tactical combat will be full-speed though.

This would give an idea of the units involved in the game. There is some planetary action and battles too, altough limited in the first release. Basic Unit data, Excel Not that all that garbage will make any sense, but you should be able to find tha planned units there.

I am getting all my documentation that was lost due to a computer malfunction back on my computer, thank goodness for paper hard copies. After I get all the documenation back, I get with everyone and they should have a much better understanding of the original concept. Everything about this game, every unit, well, everything, is just documented down to the last detail and was tested, altough, originally in board game format, unit strengths, speeds, etc for each race, should pretty well be set to make each race be equal, although they all have different strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Loco

Last edited by Locoweed; 10/25/05 02:43.

Professional A8.30
Re: Need a skin painter [Re: Locoweed] #57965
10/25/05 11:50
10/25/05 11:50
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
I love (multiplayer) space strategy games, and the main idea sounds really cool.
To bad i'm not such a really good skinner, if I was, I certainly would have volunteered .

Just a question: I've read the Galactic concept, and I was wondering if there will be a research "section" in the game too,
next to combats, construct buildings, populate other planets etc., so you can develop technology and invent better weapons,
shields, buildings, spaceships etc.
I think the game would be totaly awesome to play then.

Hopefully you'll be able to realize your dream this time
Good luck.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: Need a skin painter [Re: Joozey] #57966
10/25/05 12:13
10/25/05 12:13
LordRathan Offline
User
LordRathan  Offline
User

@XTREME: Just one warning word: If I should ever read those sentence from you again, then I'll inform a moderator or administrator. That isn't fun!

@Locoweed: I'll give it a try. Send me a ship for test-skinning. Or, maybe, just the unwrapped mesh on a pcx or bmap.
Let's see how good germans can paint skins.

Re: Need a skin painter [Re: LordRathan] #57967
10/30/05 14:26
10/30/05 14:26
Oz
L
Locoweed Offline OP
Expert
Locoweed  Offline OP
Expert
L

Oz
Sorry for delayed response, another hectic week.

@Jostie, For the first version I don't know if I am going to add research and technology levels. I was leaning towards not doing it on the first version, but adding that to the next version. It depends on how things progress, but eventually there will be research and technology levels.

It's going to take me a week to get everything together and then I will get an example test ship out for some practice skinning.

Loco

Professional A8.30
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de