@ Ghostwriter

I do try my best .

In fact, functionality is the bulk of the design document I am working on.

Tho I am not a coder, I realize some of how they think, as applied to when they do work. So I can write for them at least intelligably.

I think you'll find this game to be.. not nearly as complex as your average RTS. The tech tree uses only one element of RTS unit development:

Since it's set in Feudal, almost preindistrial japan, there isnt alot of technology perse, but your units will be multifunctional by design, learning a number of skills, but being swordsman at the core. The way ive designed it, every unit type, with the possible acception of pikemen (theres another name but its a pikeman for all intents and purposes..), will retire whatever specialty weapon they have in use when the enemy gets within a certain distance and draws their sword to fight.

...because I want battles to develop a certain way such that it depends on the use and actual strategic implementation of the different units and I dont want dependency on certain units, or certain units being strong in one situation, cannon fodder in another.

Anyway, thanks for replying.. I am backstepping a little and concentrating on completing the document, but let me know if you're interested in working with me.

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.