Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Akow, TipmyPip, tomaslolo), 788 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: update to A4 pro [Re: FBL] #62912
01/29/06 00:14
01/29/06 00:14
Hamburg, Germany
slacer Offline
Expert
slacer  Offline
Expert

Hamburg, Germany
Quote:

If they re-release A4... hell yes, why not. But I see no use in that.
About networking: A4 multiplayer was bugged and certainly has more problems running on 10 mbit than A5.

Gell, etwas an den Haaren herangezogen...

Well, I only know about those network options from my good old sybex paper manual...

Re: update to A4 pro [Re: slacer] #62913
01/29/06 12:21
01/29/06 12:21
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

Nix an den Haaren herbeigezogen. A4 networking hatte nen üblen Bug, deswegen hab ich damals Netzwerksupport gestrichen, weil es nicht machbar war (Entities wurden falsch upgedatet und so Scherze).
Ich hab hier seit Jahren ein 10Mbit Netzwerk, es war nicht sonderlich gut spielbar auf den Clients (sehr sehr schwammig), und die Möglcihkeiten wie heute in A5/A6 gab es damals nicht.

Re: update to A4 pro [Re: FBL] #62914
01/29/06 14:05
01/29/06 14:05
Hamburg, Germany
slacer Offline
Expert
slacer  Offline
Expert

Hamburg, Germany
Quote:

Nix an den Haaren herbeigezogen.

Sorry, das war auf mein Beispiel bezogen
Mir fiel einfach nix ein...

Re: update to A4 pro [Re: slacer] #62915
02/05/06 13:28
02/05/06 13:28
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
It does not matter "WHY" If customers of Conitec want it....
It should be provided.

Three crackheads asking for it doesnt constitude as the majority of Conitec's costumers (which is what u try and make it sound like) , so they dont really have to bring out any old releases , A6 is a much better engine , who in the planet is developing games for direct x 7 anyway ? DirectX is FREE so updating shouldnt be a problem with customers. Another question , what type of consumers are u targetting that are running computers that cant handle A6 ? Any cheap retarded computer you buy at the store will handle gamestudio , so my guess is there isnt a lot of people runing a pentium 2 nowadays. Most companies stop selling their old products because of the fact that once the new one is out , the old one would obviously have to sell for less , which if given the option to buy , many customers might opt for the cheaper , older version , and save some money , which would in turn lose money for the company.
I personally dont know what type of consumers you all are targetting , but everyone is always looking for the best and newest software they can get , not the old outdated one that can only make wolfestine 3d equivalent games. Btw , the Quake 1 and 2 engines are open source engines , you can use them for FREE to make your old games for old computers that have been recycled to make parts for new computers.

Re: update to A4 pro [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #62916
02/05/06 13:34
02/05/06 13:34
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
btw er_willy , why in the planet are u looking for A4 Pro to make shareware games , that itself is pure retardation , u can make shareware games with the standard version of gamestudio , who's gonna steal code from a game meant to be played by stay at home moms and senior citizens ?Your request is pure nonsence my friend , and the only reasonTeutonic Darkness supports you is because he's a gamestudio hippie stuck in the A4 years.

Re: update to A4 pro [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #62917
02/05/06 17:39
02/05/06 17:39
USA
TeutonicDarkness Offline
User
TeutonicDarkness  Offline
User

USA
Quote:

It does not matter "WHY" If customers of Conitec want it....
It should be provided.

Three crackheads asking for it doesnt constitude as the majority of Conitec's costumers (which is what u try and make it sound like) , so they dont really have to bring out any old releases , A6 is a much better engine , who in the planet is developing games for direct x 7 anyway ? DirectX is FREE so updating shouldnt be a problem with customers. Another question , what type of consumers are u targetting that are running computers that cant handle A6 ? Any cheap retarded computer you buy at the store will handle gamestudio , so my guess is there isnt a lot of people runing a pentium 2 nowadays. Most companies stop selling their old products because of the fact that once the new one is out , the old one would obviously have to sell for less , which if given the option to buy , many customers might opt for the cheaper , older version , and save some money , which would in turn lose money for the company.
I personally dont know what type of consumers you all are targetting , but everyone is always looking for the best and newest software they can get , not the old outdated one that can only make wolfestine 3d equivalent games. Btw , the Quake 1 and 2 engines are open source engines , you can use them for FREE to make your old games for old computers that have been recycled to make parts for new computers.

Quote:

Three crackheads asking for it doesnt constitude as the majority of Conitec's costumers

Who cares if its a Majority.... If you don't want it don't use it.
Simple as that! If you look at other software you will see that
they do provide Earlier releases.

Quote:

A6 is a much better engine , who in the planet is developing games for direct x 7 anyway ? DirectX is FREE so updating shouldnt be a problem with customers.

Well speaking from personal experience... directX isn't really
the issue I can run directx 9c but I make games for
ealier versions directx and it is still compatable.
Besides What does updating Directx have to do with anything?

Quote:

what type of consumers are u targetting that are running computers that cant handle A6 ? Any cheap retarded computer you buy at the store will handle gamestudio

Computers that don't have "Advanced 3D Hardware".
In fact if it wasn't for my All in One Wonder Card....
I probally wouldn't even have anything but "Basic Video".
I can't Speak for everyone in the World or the majority
even.... but to me the "ASSUMPTION" That everyone will
go to the store and buy that New $200. Video card...
or spend an extra $100. just to play "your game"
in ABSURD! Or even worse that they will just get rid
of their computer and buy a new one!
Why Should they? It does Everything so far they needed
it for... So again Why should "your game" constitute them
going out and buying a new PC.

Quote:

the Quake 1 and 2 engines are open source engines , you can use them for FREE to make your old games

Why would I want to use anything like that when we have
Fully capable 3D Game Studio:
A5, A4, A3.

Would be kind of ABSURD for me to use anything less....
unless of course it isn't AVAILABLE;
Then maybe I would give those others some thought!

Also in the future I would advise you to be more careful
in your choice of words adressing certain people;
Then maybe the Moderator won't jump on you as
I'm sure he is about to do!

*** Teutonic Darkness ***

Re: update to A4 pro [Re: TeutonicDarkness] #62918
02/06/06 07:41
02/06/06 07:41
Minot, North Dakota, USA
ulillillia Offline
Senior Expert
ulillillia  Offline
Senior Expert

Minot, North Dakota, USA
Radeon 7000, an old ATI card for less than $30 nowadays, comes with DirectX 9. I know because I had one. It's a decent card for running simple games on or for those with almost no budget. I have Radeon 9600 XT myself of which is probably 18 months old or so (given the driver's date of July 2004 (the ones on the CD anyway)). Radeon 7000 is probably 3 or 4 years old. I'm unfamiliar with Nvidia's timeline so I don't know older Nvidia cards and what they have. When I had Radeon 7000, it ran A6 just fine (6.22 anyway, the last A6 version of running on the Radeon 7000. I might upgrade again, but this PCI-express thing is a limiting factor....

Look at the minimum system requirements on Conitec's main website. Even my 5-year-old computer could run it, but barely (except the video card). If all else, just run the engine with -w3d to minimize incompatibilities with old systems.

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials
Re: update to A4 pro [Re: ulillillia] #62919
02/06/06 12:13
02/06/06 12:13
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
I remember being able to run blitz 2000 , mortal kombat 4 , unreal tournament , and a bunch of other games on my first sytem i had , an emachine 400 mhz celeron with 96 mb of ram , and an integrated 4MB ATI Rage Pro , and this was around 6 years ago , so even a system as old as that could prolly run gamestudio , specially of a game is a shareware type (this type of games arent generally too heavy on recources) , and MOST people buying games , even the casual ones , have better systems , who is selling 400 mhz systems with 4 mb video cards other than crackheads over at ebay ? So , unless your designing for underfunded schools in bad neighborhoods(even the schools have decent systems easily capable of running gamestudio) , or for thirdworld countries , I dont see why the old a5 software mode is a necessity.

Re: update to A4 pro [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #62920
02/06/06 12:18
02/06/06 12:18
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
Who cares if its a Majority.... If you don't want it don't use it.
Simple as that! If you look at other software you will see that
they do provide Earlier releases. , hmmmmmmmmmmmm , EVERYONE ?
u said it urself , if you dont want it dont use it , if gamestudio isnt offering the software mode in their current A6 version , thend dont use it , look for an engine that does offer it , simple as that. If I was conitec i'd sell u a version for 3 times the price of A6 , for making them go through the trouble of digging up a copy of it. btw , not many software companies offer older releases , in fact , most dont.

Re: update to A4 pro [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #62921
02/06/06 12:42
02/06/06 12:42
Minot, North Dakota, USA
ulillillia Offline
Senior Expert
ulillillia  Offline
Senior Expert

Minot, North Dakota, USA
It has been suggested several times by others to have A5 Pro available for sale (not not any lower A5 editions, whatever other editions there were for A5). I don't recall how Conitec was considering this (whether to actually sell it or deny it) so that part I can't answer. The closest you can get to software mode, as far as I know, is using the -w3d command line at engine start. This is for "weak 3D". I use it for my 2D game as I have no need for 3D elements (just my well-liked x÷z×(sw÷2) formula for calculating in 3D and panels with even more calculations involved). I don't know how to lock the engine in -w3d mode, but I've set it this way in WED's run dialog and SED's configuration.♫

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de