Quote:

Hello

I have been using 3dgs for about 3 monthes and I am happy about it
However going through some forum I have been surprised to read some very bad reviews
Ok up to a certain extent it is a matter of opinion
But how can some people claim that it is impossible ( not hard , impossible) to create a real game using 3dsg ?
Maybe some demos but forget a complete game, they say
Since after a period training I want to start my game, must I expect any bad surprises in the future ?
I realize that asking this question here can sound a little silly
However some reviews were so harsh that I suspectd that the author was not even in good faith but, a doubt....

You do the math, it's easy, hopefully. 3DGS games usually have teams of no more than 10 at most (unconfirmed, but the general idea). For commercial games, teams can pass 100, even reaching 300 or more. With 300 members going at it, not only will a game be done faster (with 1 year of work, it's like 300 years to an individual). It's all a matter of how much group effort is going on. My 2D game, for example, has taken me at least 4 months of actual work, and it's more around the beginning days of the Genesis era in some ways. If I had my sister working at it, of which she's good at art, the time needed would be reduced significantly. Also, read my signature. Don't go trying to do a Doom 3 or GTA Vice City (not sure of the second one's name). Those games are very complex and they likely took a team of 100 members 2 years working 8 hours a day to make them. Do the math, it's all there. Instead, learn the tools and try replicating a classic, like pong or the original Mario. Once you've mastered that, go to something more complex like a game from the Genesis era, then go to the Playstation era and keep advancing.

If you're bad at math or don't want to figure it out, it'll take 800 hours' work (100 8-hour days) for a single individual to make a low-end Genesis-level game. For a modern game, it takes 6 times longer (assuming about 20 months) for about 100 times as many members. Given this, it'd take an individual 480,000 hours to do, which converts to 54 3/4 years. In other words, don't expect it. This assumes working 8 hours a day every day (including weekends) and without any technological improvements.

I do tend to agree that MED especially needs some serious updating. SED also needs it, but not as bad. WED is excellent.

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials