Quote:

how can some people claim that it is impossible ( not hard , impossible) to create a real game using 3dsg ?

Plenty of real games have been made, and plenty more are in development. I've been working on The Disenfranchised off and on since 2002, and it will be a finished product some day.

Creating a game, from scratch, is a long term and difficult task. Especially, if you take the lone wolf or small team route. It takes dedication, and it is VERY easy to get burned out or frustrated. Those who complain about 3DGS either don't know how to use it properly or well there is no or. You can make anything with 3DGS if you know how to script it or via a DLL if you know how to do that(or contract some one to do it).

The so-called "limitations" are mostly hot air or hyperbole, and Conitec has gone above and beyond the call of duty to improve those features that get the most criticism(mostly) or are missing. Nothing is perfect, and there are some "old" features that we should have had long ago, but they aren't deal breakers, and I don't think it's right to say it's a dead or outdated engine because of this. The same holds true for so-called "next gen" features, too. Give it time...ol' Bill hasn't even released DX10, yet.

Mostly everything you need is there...now figure out how to do what you wanna do with what you've been given.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links