Hiya,

Glad you all liked it.. Now about your 'little complains'..

Quote:

The only hiccup was when the player got stuck under the stairs.

Yeah I got that once as well. In your game, a layer above the Pathfinding should detect this(I set the is_bIsStuck flag of the Npc when he gets stuck by any reason) and attempt to get him unstuck and do to pathdfind again

Quote:

Also, if you continuously click the left mouse button, it will increase the function count by one for each click. So, if I press the button 50 times before the player gets to the spot, there will be 50 functions running on top of whatever runs all the time. If you click a null spot, it zeros out(except for those 6-7 always running functions), and the player stops moving.

Good catch.. I fixed it.

Quote:

Anyway, congratulations...this is perfect for a point & click game..adventure or otherwise.

Thanks

Quote:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g182/obinkmalmsteen/Clip_2.jpg

When I click the ground bellow
Why he pick the straight line and jump, instead the stairs?

Because falling down makes a shorter path than going down the stairs. In a game like Quake3 would you jump directly off a platform or try to find the stairs?

Anyhow, I hear what u say.. Sometimes it might be preferable for the NPCs to take the longer but safer route.(might take damage if they fall down big distances). So I made an is_ai_MaximumFall constant that you can define the maximum that your NPCs are ready to fall down.

Graph re-made with is_ai_MaximumFall==100 pixels (instead of 500)

And here's a path

However, I like it better when the NPC takes the shortest route in this level, so is_ai_MaximumFall is originally set to 500, but feel free to change it to whatever, it's in the is_IPathfinding.wdl(don't forget to re-build the graph, when you do). More on this on the Documentation coming up..

Quote:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g182/obinkmalmsteen/Clip_3.jpg

he's not takes the shorter way!

That's a case where String Pulling (responsible for making smoother paths) fails due to tricky ground(bridges and all), exactly like we talked with Damocles a few posts ago. You can usually overcome this by re-arranging the waypoints in the level.

I fixed that for the case you found. But maybe it can happen somewhere else as well. I'll give out some good tips on laying out your waypoints in the Documentation.

And a new version with the new fixes.. The original link a few posts ago is updated as well though.

Intense Pathfinding 1.01

Code:

Fixes from 1.0
------------------
Fixed function leakage when attempting to take a new path before the old one is finished.
Added functionality to choose between falling from big distances to take the shortest path, or take a longer but safer(no falls) path.
Rearranged the Waypoints of the level for smoother paths.

Thanks all for your comments. Keep ep coming!

Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!